Health questionnaire on line - gone !

watsonbeau

I got an email from Cunard re our Dec 11th cruise this morning and noticed it wasn’t mentioned  .Just logged on to double check and you are quite the ‘Health Check’ requirement to be filled in  3 days before departure has disappeared.

8 minutes ago, baw53 said:

I got an email from Cunard re our Dec 11th cruise this morning and noticed it wasn’t mentioned  .Just logged on to double check and you are quite the ‘Health Check’ requirement to be filled in  3 days before departure has disappeared.

I will still do covid tests on Thursday and again on Sunday morning.

I logged into our booking and can’t find it - but, perhaps I’m not looking in the proper place. Would be part of the boarding pass/payment/picture process? If so, I’ve completed all of those parts and don’t see the health check. 

3 hours ago, Deafcruise said:

What kind of questions does this questionnaire normally asked? Is COVID symptoms included?

Mostly, but not exclusively. There is a screen shot of the questionnaire in post #19 of this thread:

Our email for December 10 departure also omitted any mention of the questionnaire, but that failed to register with me at the time. 

On 12/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, 2BACRUISER said:

It's also gone from the P&O site too. 

The questionnaire was leading to automatic cancellations by the cruise lines as the questions were very generic.  Entire linked bookings were cancelled due to someone answering yes to any one of them, even people in other households who had passed the questionnaire were finding themselves cancelled. This could have been for the common cold or even a longstanding cough from non respiratory illnesses.  Since the removal of the offer of FCC by P&O in September many were in this situation and these unfortunates were unable to make insurance claims in the UK as the events were uninsurable.  

Under pressure from insurers, ABTA and campaigners the questionnaire was quietly dropped at 10.00am on Monday 5th.  As the sister company to P&O it would appear Cunard have adopted the same policy.  UK travel agents were notified of the change late last week but the websites have not announced the change with any fanfare.  There were other amendments regarding limitations on travellers with certain medical requirements which should be showing as well.

Meanwhile the hundreds of passengers previously affected who have lost their money are hopefully now getting some recompense rather than fighting cruise line, insurer or through the UK courts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The health declaration info above  does not appear anywhere on ‘ My Cunard’ , the  3 days before link has gone ( disappeared on the 5th Dec , which is the date shown as the latest update)  I have  searched and there isn’t any info re Health Declaration at the terminal .I am in the UK , sailing this Sunday.Could  be different for those flying in to the UK.I will be self testing tomorrow and again on Sunday morning.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

The questionnaire was leading to automatic cancellations by the cruise lines as the questions were very generic.  Entire linked bookings were cancelled due to someone answering yes to any one of them, even people in other households who had passed the questionnaire were finding themselves cancelled. This could have been for the common cold or even a longstanding cough from non respiratory illnesses.  Since the removal of the offer of FCC by P&O in September many were in this situation and these unfortunates were unable to make insurance claims in the UK as the events were uninsurable.  

Under pressure from insurers, ABTA and campaigners the questionnaire was quietly dropped at 10.00am on Monday 5th.  As the sister company to P&O it would appear Cunard have adopted the same policy.  UK travel agents were notified of the change late last week but the websites have not announced the change with any fanfare.  There were other amendments regarding limitations on travellers with certain medical requirements which should be showing as well.

Meanwhile the hundreds of passengers previously affected who have lost their money are hopefully now getting some recompense rather than fighting cruise line, insurer or through the UK courts.

What a mess.

When I booked (for 2024!) yesterday, they said it is still policy that you can’t travel with covid symptoms, but didn’t say how this would be enforced.  They also asked some question about conditions requiring oxygen, which I don’t remember before.

5 minutes ago, IB2 said:

What a mess.

When I booked (for 2024!) yesterday, they said it is still policy that you can’t travel with covid symptoms, but didn’t say how this would be enforced.  They also asked some question about conditions requiring oxygen, which I don’t remember before.

They have refused to take people requiring oxygen for some time now, probably ever since Covid. It is clearly signalled on the website. Whether it breaks disability discrimination laws is moot.