Iceland post-cruise: Ideas on what to do for 3 days/2 nights before USA return?

CCWineLover

Both the GC and South Coast are spectacular.  In 2023 you are going to have "crowds" at both, if you consider 300 or so people at the Geysir or 150 at a waterfall to be a "crowd"

We've never seen a geysir anywhere other than Iceland, we've visited this one on each of our visits because it is a unique sight for us.  And if you can manage to get to any of the popular sites before 9AM or after 4PM, the crowds are much smaller as Day trippers have long gone by then.  Easy to do off hours touring in Iceland from May to August with VERY long days

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 4:30 AM, Kari and David said:

Just booked a Blue Lagoon 10am spot and added transfers at 9:30 am from KEF to Blue Lagoon, after the visit transfers at 3:00 pm from Blue Lagoon to Downtown City Center at Bus Stop #1 which is 2 mins from our hotel.   Did it directly on their website and the reverse route was also available.

We just did the exact same thing.  We arrive at 6:30, get on the 9:30 transfer  (7:30 would be pushing it) for the 10:00 spot.  We do get dropped off right at our hotel...numerous hotels were listed as drop off points.

It won't be cheap, but we did make a reservation at the Blue Lagoon Lava restaurant for lunch.

10 hours ago, cwms said:

We just did the exact same thing.  We arrive at 6:30, get on the 9:30 transfer  (7:30 would be pushing it) for the 10:00 spot.  We do get dropped off right at our hotel...numerous hotels were listed as drop off points.

It won't be cheap, but we did make a reservation at the Blue Lagoon Lava restaurant for lunch.

@cwms Yes I booked Lava also any recommendations?  

9 hours ago, Kari and David said:

@cwms Yes I booked Lava also any recommendations?  

I've got a feeling we are going to pass on Lava...$$$$.

Will probably hit either the Spa Restaurant or the snack bar.  

1 hour ago, cwms said:

I've got a feeling we are going to pass on Lava...$$$$.

Will probably hit either the Spa Restaurant or the snack bar.  

I thought from your post you had already travelled. You just booked the same thing?  Are you on the same cruise?  If Lava is they crazy priced I will order just an appetizer and leave for the snack bar. 

1 hour ago, Kari and David said:

I thought from your post you had already travelled. You just booked the same thing?  Are you on the same cruise?  If Lava is they crazy priced I will order just an appetizer and leave for the snack bar. 

We're taking the NCL cruise on 7/13.  Flying in early am on the 12th.

Wife and I talked this morning and we're going to keep the Lava reservation.  I'm guessing it will cost us minimum of $100-125.  Even going to the Spa restaurant (cheapest of the three) will cost $45 for a burger or Ceasar salad.  I'm guessing you can easily spend $30-40 in the snack bar.  At least we don't have to tip...that helps.