Southampton Port

Hello

Sailed from Southampton on various cruise lines but never NCL from Southampton. Someone we know who lives in America is asking about hotels by where they board. 
We used Holiday Inn for RC and know Princess is a lot further down. 
Where is NCL please. Also any suggestions of hotels you have used and enjoyed. Thought would give variation. They won’t have a car. 
Thank you 😊 

NCL uses the new Horizon terminal. In September we stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay and it was fine for the night. Good price, very clean, nice on-site restaurant. Also across the street from the Mall, which has other food options and shopping for any last minute items. We were lucky in that the private driver that brought us from London to Southampton actually lives there and he insisted on coming back in the morning to take us to the port for free (wouldn't even take a tip).

• Like 2

Any suggestions on transportation options for London to Southampton? 
We will be traveling from the United States to London, where we will be staying for 4 days.  We are looking for a way to get from our London hotel to our Southampton hotel, where we are planning to stay for two days until our NCL cruise. 

1 hour ago, tomberly said:

Any suggestions on transportation options for London to Southampton? 
We will be traveling from the United States to London, where we will be staying for 4 days.  We are looking for a way to get from our London hotel to our Southampton hotel, where we are planning to stay for two days until our NCL cruise. 

If you are happy using the train then it is by far the best way of getting there from London. Direct train from Waterloo and it is much cheaper than taxis or transfers (unless you can get a good deal on a large group).

Easiest would be a taxi or transfer, but it is very expensive.

Some people add a trip to somewhere like Stonehenge to transfers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If you are happy using the train then it is by far the best way of getting there from London. Direct train from Waterloo and it is much cheaper than taxis or transfers (unless you can get a good deal on a large group).

Easiest would be a taxi or transfer, but it is very expensive.

Some people add a trip to somewhere like Stonehenge to transfers.

Thank you 

tomberly: this past summer,we flew from los angeles to london and stayed in london for 3 days. we arranged a shuttle to pick us up at our london hotel and drive us the the port in southampton (about an hour and half trip) we looked up shuttle services on google. it was slightly under 300.

8 minutes ago, complawyer said:

tomberly: this past summer,we flew from los angeles to london and stayed in london for 3 days. we arranged a shuttle to pick us up at our london hotel and drive us the the port in southampton (about an hour and half trip) we looked up shuttle services on google. it was slightly under 300.

Thank you, I think this is the direction we are leaning towards.  We are looking at international Friends day tours.  They offer London hotel to Southampton hotel transportation. We are going to be in Southampton for 2 days before we leave for our 10 day cruise that ends in Lisbon, Portugal 

• 4 months later...

We will be transferring from an NCL to an RCL ship in Southhampton (yes, B2B on different lines), any idea if those ship will be near each other?  I don't want to hike too far while hauling my bags (especially as the B2B makes for a long trip), but at the same time don't want to have a taxi take me just a half mile and have to get back in the taxi line.  I welcome any insights. 

3 hours ago, kac911 said:

We will be transferring from an NCL to an RCL ship in Southhampton (yes, B2B on different lines), any idea if those ship will be near each other?  I don't want to hike too far while hauling my bags (especially as the B2B makes for a long trip), but at the same time don't want to have a taxi take me just a half mile and have to get back in the taxi line.  I welcome any insights. 

Note spelling -  Southampton - as that's useful for searches.

This is Sunday 3 September 2023? Arriving on Norwegian Dawn, departing on Anthem of the Seas? The cruise ship schedule currently says berth 102 and berth 101 respectively. These are at the City Cruise Terminal - map here.

Royal usually use the City terminal (Berth 101) while Norwegian usually use the new Horizon terminal (Berth 102).

They are (almost) next to each other - less than a half mile walk, so about 10 minutes. All on the level with sidewalks, so very simple.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, debenson0723 said:

NCL uses the new Horizon terminal. In September we stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay and it was fine for the night. Good price, very clean, nice on-site restaurant. Also across the street from the Mall, which has other food options and shopping for any last minute items. We were lucky in that the private driver that brought us from London to Southampton actually lives there and he insisted on coming back in the morning to take us to the port for free (wouldn't even take a tip).

Who was the private driver you used to bring you to Southampton?  Do you recall what that cost?

Thanks for your response.

2 hours ago, cruisegal2013 said:

Who was the private driver you used to bring you to Southampton?  Do you recall what that cost?

Thanks for your response.

Let me see if I can find his information.  Our situation was a little different...originally he was going to pick us up at our hotel at Heathrow, drive us to Windsor and drop us off for a tour, then to about 4  different places in London we wanted to see, drop us off at our West End theater to see a play and then down to Southampton. So we had him reserved for the whole day for about $400. But then the Queen died...the one contingency I didn't plan on! Traffic was even crazier than normal in London (and Windsor was closed) so we had him pick us up at Heathrow at 9am and drop us near the Palace, where we walked around Central London, ate at a pub near Covent Garden and went to the theater (while he kept all our luggage). He picked us up around 6pm and took us to Southampton. While it seems pricey, it was well worth it to the 3 of us not to have to worry about luggage, being in a very comfortable car and enjoy his charming conversation and stories. The fact that he picked us up in the morning for the ride to the port was a bonus. 

On 4/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, debenson0723 said:

Let me see if I can find his information.  Our situation was a little different...originally he was going to pick us up at our hotel at Heathrow, drive us to Windsor and drop us off for a tour, then to about 4  different places in London we wanted to see, drop us off at our West End theater to see a play and then down to Southampton. So we had him reserved for the whole day for about $400. But then the Queen died...the one contingency I didn't plan on! Traffic was even crazier than normal in London (and Windsor was closed) so we had him pick us up at Heathrow at 9am and drop us near the Palace, where we walked around Central London, ate at a pub near Covent Garden and went to the theater (while he kept all our luggage). He picked us up around 6pm and took us to Southampton. While it seems pricey, it was well worth it to the 3 of us not to have to worry about luggage, being in a very comfortable car and enjoy his charming conversation and stories. The fact that he picked us up in the morning for the ride to the port was a bonus.