Buenos Aires Cruise Port

Beachlover1989

• 4 weeks later...

Costa Fortuna in March.  No real info on here most of the time - just people with ideas.  I can’t wait to return an write an in-depth review.  Seriously lacking on info it seems - probably due to COVID the last couple of years.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We are boarding HAL Oosterdam on March 10th of 2023.

This is our first time ever in South America, Argentina or/and Buenos Aires.

I am searching everything about BA and general tips for Argentina, as I am responsible for travel in our family ;)))  But we plan 2 days in BA pre-cruise.

Hope somebody will post here! Thanks in advance!

Edited by JoieNsk
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, tony s said:

Read my Norwegian Star review from December,it is a s*** show at terminal

It has been some time since we have embarked or disembarked at BA port, but I would way that is an excellent description, especially if there is more than one ship in port. It has been a totally disorganized mess the times we've been there..........not the cruise lines fault, the port is just not ready for prime time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 12:02 PM, soccermom4 said:

@JoieNskIf you haven't already joined - come over to the RollCall for this cruise.  We have a very active group participating - and lots of great suggestions for excursions etc.

Which roll call, pls and thanks! 

We embarked January 7 2023 at the Buenos Aires port serving cruise ships and debarked January 24.  The port is mostly industrial and cruise passengers must use free buses between the cruise terminal and the ship. The bus ride took us about 10 minutes, including loading and unloading.  For embarkation we took an Uber to the cruise terminal. When debarking there was a long line for taxis, no Uber pickup was allowed at the terminal. and the Uber app didn't allow ordering a ride from the cruise terminal. The taxi company has a monopoly and they were charging $20USD to go to a hotel in town.  Normal taxi price would be about $9USD. Additionally some guy was loading your bags in the taxi and demanding a tip. TIP: Walking about a block from the cruise terminal allows using the Uber app to get a ride.

Our ship had about 700 pax for our cruise. Your experience may vary.

Edited by jons1133
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jons1133 said:

We embarked January 7 2023 at the Buenos Aires port serving cruise ships and debarked January 24.  The port is mostly industrial and cruise passengers must use free buses between the cruise terminal and the ship. The bus ride took us about 10 minutes, including loading and unloading.  For embarkation we took an Uber to the cruise terminal. When debarking there was a long line for taxis, no Uber pickup was allowed at the terminal. and the Uber app didn't allow ordering a ride from the cruise terminal. The taxi company has a monopoly and they were charging $20USD to go to a hotel in town.  Normal taxi price would be about $9USD. Additionally some guy was loading your bags in the taxi and demanding a tip. TIP: Walking about a block from the cruise terminal allows using the Uber app to get a ride.

Our ship had about 700 pax for our cruise. Your experience may vary.

I had the same experience disembarking from Regent Mariner in early January.  I waited in the taxi line until I got to the front and heard $20 for a taxi to my hotel.  I laughed (had never paid more than a third of that in the past) and walked a short distance away.  Tried to order an Uber without luck so hailed a taxi -- he quoted 1200 pesos (less than $4 US) so I said "let's go" -- gave the driver a $5 bill and he was very happy.  The $20 price at the head of the line is pure rip-off!

• Like 1

We just returned from a SA cruise and disembarked in BA. What a complete mess! This is a huge industrial shipping port, not a passenger cruise terminal.

You are required to take a bus anytime you want to leave or board the ship. When we returned from our AM excursion around 1 PM, both Princess and Costa were boarding. There was no line for returning passengers (we overnighted on the ship) and we were stuck in a line of hundreds of people. Very poor experience.

37ED48BC-08C8-4725-B34A-6E78F801EF6C.jpeg

52 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

We just returned from a SA cruise and disembarked in BA. What a complete mess! This is a huge industrial shipping port, not a passenger cruise terminal.

You are required to take a bus anytime you want to leave or board the ship. When we returned from our AM excursion around 1 PM, both Princess and Costa were boarding. There was no line for returning passengers (we overnighted on the ship) and we were stuck in a line of hundreds of people. Very poor experience.

37ED48BC-08C8-4725-B34A-6E78F801EF6C.jpeg

Looks like our experience December 18

Oof - thanks for the heads up.  Our Oosterdam cruise overnights there after embarkation and I was wondering how well that would work out.  Fortunately, it looks like we are the only ship embarking on 3/10 - although 2 other ships in port for a day stop, and our "day in port" (3/11), we are also sharing with a ship that is in port for the day.  Guess we'll pack extra patience - just in case.