Edge - S3 (Magic Carpet) Suite -- balcony question

Tom-n-Cheryl

Looking at a sailing next year. Suites available are S3 and RS, though it would appear that the S3 has a much larger balcony (important to us). In a few photos and videos I have seen of these cabins on the Edge, it would appear that there's only two small chairs and a small table. On the Apex, they appear to also have two nicely padded loungers.

What can I expect to be out there (the cabin in question is a forward one w/window)?

THANKS

We did a B2B  in a middle one and then a forward end and the balcony on the end didn’t seem any bigger.  It had the orange column that obstructed the view a bit making it feel more closed in, which I guess is why they added the window. 

Be aware that the cabins around can see in the window, just as you can see them.

Edited by jelayne
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks.

I suppose they must have initially fitted them (on the Edge) with just the table/chairs? 

Can I assume the forward ones (w/forward facing window) have a slightly larger balcony?

Tom

We were in a forward-facing end S3 on Apex.  I doubt that the balcony is bigger than the middle S3s.  It does have the corner pillar, which I suppose reduces the floor area by a few square feet, but we found the forward window to be a nice feature.  

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

Just now, jelayne said:

We did a B2B 1st leg middle MC and 2nd forward end.  The wall with the window is solid so it does reduce the airflow on the balcony some.  

Thanks - I figured that might play a role. I'm guessing perhaps a bit more air flow on the one with the window looking aft.

Tom

On 12/14/2022 at 7:19 AM, jelayne said:

We did a B2B 1st leg middle MC and 2nd forward end.  The wall with the window is solid so it does reduce the airflow on the balcony some.  

Yes!  And it was wonderful on those windy rough sea days ... We can actually enjoy the balcony.  The forward view was nice. 

IMG_6232.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

IMG_6233.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bit older post but I appreciate the information and photos!

I've got some additional Edge Magic Carpet Suite balcony questions. It looks like the balcony is completely covered. Do you get any sun on the balcony? Does this make the cabin darker?

We're looking at a summer sailing (December) in Australia. We usually book the Sunset Verandas but not there's not much shade on the balcony. 

Yes there is a good amount of cover.  Depending on the direction of the ship there is some sun on the balcony, but not all day.  Early morning or late afternoon.  We have been in the middle of the set of 4 and on the front of the 4 and although we didn't find them dark, the ones in the middle seemed to have more daylight.

• Thanks 1