Adventure of the Seas newbies

We are avid cruisers but have sailed mainly Carnival. We have completed one 4 day Bahamas Cruie with Royal about 7 years ago. We choose this ship due to the itinerary. We are sailing 8/12/23 to Tortola, BVI, St. Croix, USVI and Coco Cay. We haven't been to any of these islands as of yet. We have booked 2 connecting promenade rooms on deck 7. We would like to know what you liked about the ship as well as what you didn't like about the ship. We are excited about trying out this ship and itinerary. Thanks in advance for your input. 

11 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

We would like to know what you liked about the ship as well as what you didn't like about the ship.

You may want browse for Adventure related threads - in the drop-down menu on the main RCI page here at CC.

We love Adventure. We sailed on her many times when she cruised the southern Caribbean out of San Juan. The Royal Promenade is a great place to hang out and people watch, I imagine you'll be able to do that from your stateroom if you choose. Be sure to catch the ice show, it's one of our favorite activities on the ship.

We cruised on Adventure of Seas 3 years ago.... A good sized ship with a great Promenade. Alot of open deck space at the front of ship. It is older and has a older feel. I believe ship went into service 2001.  We had a good time . Pool deck , bars and activities were fun 

The staff is amazing.  It's an older ship, and looks like it could use extra TLC, but if you aren't particular about that it won't bother you.  We also chose this ship due to the itinerary and therefore were quite happy overall.  I thought some of the food was weak, but if you keep looking in the buffett you will eventually find something you like (the ethnic food was really good, as were the carving stations) and the waiters in the mdr will keep bringing you food until you find something you like.  I sailed in August and anytime dining was a mess then, but it may have been fixed (we had early dining which ran absolutely fine).