Some Princes IT based Humor

4x4bob

Some back ground information to get started.

This year one month or so before our Cruise on the Diamond we get the "Dear Valued Customer" E-Mail from Princess.  Your Cruise has been cancelled.  Here are three options being offered.  None really appealed to us, so, we jumped on our Puters and did some research.  Found the same cruise, same ship, being offered in Jan 2023.  We contacted our PVP and made reservations and was able to obtain the same Mini Suite as before.

Since then after making final payment for the Jan cruise, the Wife and I would log into our Princess Account several times a week just to make sure we did not receive a surprise upgrade to a Hammock down in Steerage along with $25.00 OBC, or something.   Because, way down deep both the Wife and I suspect that Princess hired its IT Staff away from the California DMV. 

Monday night was my turn so I log in and up popped center screen the following message.

YOUR FARES HAVE CHANGED

Here's Why.  If your fares are lower, we may have realized you were a past guest and eligible for different pricing.  If they're higher, we may have had trouble confirming your cruise history ( we have been with Princess since they used sails to power their ships) as a past guest.  Either way, if you need to tweak your profile just call 1-800-774-xxxx.

All fares are subject to limited availability as indicated in our terms and conditions.

Then UPDATED PRICING SUMMARY.  New pricing, Guest 1, Guest 2, Cruise Total, Taxes, & Port Expenses.  Total Price (USD).  Just about double what we paid back in October when final payment was due.

Then there was a page 2.  I clicked on it.  Showed my Military OBC.  Then surprise, surprise, listed the same amount of Military OBC for the Wife.  Hmm, did not know that in her younger years she Boondocked through the jungle with a rifle and field pack.  Boy that is scary, sure don't want to get into a argument with a combat veteran .  😁

Showed print out to the wife.  She jumped onto her computer and logged into our Princess Account.  Record showed the same amount which we paid last October, no change. 

Turned out, just more Princess Entertainment kinda like making a phone call to Princess Hq. Hmm, I wonder what the record is for the longest wait on hold? Or, the record for the most transfers to different depts before being hung up on?

Bob

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

They must have a department for this. As we were headed to board our ship a few days ago, the app said it had departed 6 hours ago.  That came as a surprise as we could see it at the pier in front of us.

The internet is an adventure as it keeps swapping my account and my wife's and then logging us both off.

• Like 1

Thank you for making my day.  I do not have the trophy for longest phone call hold (I think @Ombudhas that honor).

But...I was on the phone with different agents today...for 2 hours...Calls to:  Airline, Code Share Airline, EZ Air, and on my computer to "fix" a variety of airline issues.  I think I'm good for now, but you bet I will be checking in frequently. 

I have about as much faith in Princess as I do in my grandson who keeps promising me that he won't sneak Halloween candy into his room at night.

Mahalo, thank you, Gracias, Merci, do jeh, danke, grazie.....and on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1