Surprise free Bar Tab

jj1814

My wife and I put down three deposits on "My Next Virgin Voyage" when we sailed in July (we received the same deal Richard's Birthday Bash cruisers got). When I called this morning and booked my wife's birthday cruise for March, the agent and I were surprised that I had a free Bar Tab thrown in. Yikes! Booze for everybody!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jj1814 said:

My wife and I put down three deposits on "My Next Virgin Voyage" when we sailed in July (we received the same deal Richard's Birthday Bash cruisers got). When I called this morning and booked my wife's birthday cruise for March, the agent and I were surprised that I had a free Bar Tab thrown in. Yikes! Booze for everybody!

you got a sneak peek at the new Wave Sale. Those with on board bookings get advanced access to the sale starting today. Everyone else gets access to this great sale next Tuesday.  Bar tabs for everyone!!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

you got a sneak peek at the new Wave Sale. Those with on board bookings get advanced access to the sale starting today. Everyone else gets access to this great sale next Tuesday.  Bar tabs for everyone!!  

Do you know the details of the deal? Like how much of a bar tab? i appreciate the heads up! I will be onboard valiant lady at that time.

14 minutes ago, Dylan0474mac said:

Do you know the details of the deal? Like how much of a bar tab? i appreciate the heads up! I will be onboard valiant lady at that time.

It’s for new bookings only. If you are outside the cancellation window you can get your cruise repriced (rebooked) with the new promo but you would lose your original price and any perks. The new promo is $300 bar tab for under 7 days and $600 for 7+.  More details will be available next week. 

Just now, Dylan0474mac said:

@FFMilesJunkieThat's a great deal. I understand it wouldnt include my cruise next week, but plan on picking up some my next voyage discount deposits while on board. I'm thinking that should be combinable with the free bar tab on new bookings? 

Yes, the on board bookings are combinable. You could end up with $600 + $600 on a 7+ night voyage next year!  Cha Ching

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

Thanks for the insight! 

5 hours ago, fndecker said:

What are the deals when you are on the cruise and they try to get you to book another one "for today only" 🙂

Lately, it's been $300 down payment on placeholder cruise gets you $300 off your next cruise + $600 On Board Credit for that cruise.  

The normal offer is only $300 OBC for the future cruise, but it's been $600 lately.  

My cruise was one of a few where you got an extra $200 if you booked a specific  cruise on board rather than a placeholder..so $800 in total loot.

Note to those who look at doing a cancel and rebook to get the "free" bar tab offer...the price of my cruise had increased, as of yesterday, to more than the cost of buying the bar tab.  YMMV.

• Like 2

My cruise was one of a few where you got an extra $200 if you booked a specific  cruise on board rather than a placeholder..so $800 in total loot.

Note to those who look at doing a cancel and rebook to get the "free" bar tab offer...the price of my cruise had increased, as of yesterday, to more than the cost of buying the bar tab.  YMMV.

35 minutes ago, fndecker said:

I don't think a $600 is worth it in loot. I would not spend that much. I could spend $400 on drinks in 7 days, but that's about it.

Loot can be used on anything--excursions, spa, shopping, alcohol, or whatever you buy after you board.  Bar tab is limited to beverages (alcoholic or non). If you have leftover bar tab, you can buy a bottle of wine to bring home or treat your new best friends to a round.  Same if you have leftover loot, but in that case you can buy anything. 

We had more loot than we needed on our last cruise, but we came home with some shirts and other goodies, my travel companion got her hair cut at the spa, and we got a few cocktails along the way.  We did not have a bar tab.  Loot is free money--gettin loot attached to a rebooking on board doesn't change the going rate on the booking.

Edited by cantgetin

On 12/14/2022 at 8:07 PM, fndecker said:

I don't think a $600 is worth it in loot. I would not spend that much. I could spend $400 on drinks in 7 days, but that's about it.

Definitely worth it to us. My wife can DRINK LoL (retired cop). But we will use some at the spa this time and maybe the tattoo parlor since we got the $600 loot + free bar tab + Rockstar suite bar. Also friends in several cabins will be booking under us so there's more sailor loot to burn. I definitely like having more than enough OBC to burn than having to come out of pocket at the end.

• Like 1