Trouble Adding Credit Card To Booking.

surfjock27

Hi there friends. 

About 3 weeks ago I booked the Seascape for March. I did my online check in and tried to add my credit card for onboard incidentals and I received an error. 

Fast forward to today.
I went on to make my final payment and tried again to complete my check in by adding a credit card. Same error. 
I called MSC and spoke with two different people who both told me that they are unable to add my credit card, I have to do it online during check in. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Any remedy? 
Thanks in advance. DD6DBEF6-A634-4B0E-BECB-91016985F311.thumb.jpeg.4d39b7a4000eb678e7c56ff7303ab48b.jpeg

I suspect that the trouble with adding the credit card on line may be the same problem that can occur at the on board kiosk where a credit card may be denied.

All card transactions for MSC, no matter where you are in the world, goes through a foreign bank (French, I believe) so when the request comes through to your card provider, it is denied as a suspect transaction.

To avoid the problem, notify your card provider that you are taking an MSC cruise and that an authorization request will be coming through from a foreign bank.  Your provider will make a notation to allow the request and subsequent holds or charges.

There will also be a foreign transaction fee for all charges.  Use a card that does not have a foreign transaction fee or be prepared to see the fee on your credit card statement.

7 minutes ago, sabres431 said:

The error I got is that the service was unavailable.  Also, even though they say they accept Discover, the web page says the card number is invalid

image.png.2b15f09c6dbf946253ba19faf4dd807e.png

Yes, Discover (at least my Discover) has high security measures on their cards.  

Not surprise that the card was shown as invalid because of the information I posted in post #6.

Make sure you call Discover as I advised in my post or your card will be rejected on board (been there, done that).

We use the Discover on all of our cruises, even our last MSC cruise.  The issue is that MSC is declaring the card number incorrect before it even gets submitted through discover.  The error in the picture happens with every card I enter.