Move up notify if declined?

lakegirl16

I have a move up for this Sunday.  When I look it shows pending but won't allow me to modify.  I know others on this has itinerary have received their confirmations, since it's past 48 hours.  I thought you received an email either way but maybe only if confirmed?  Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We actually got notification when we were on the ship with a couple of move ups.  So who knows when you will be notified.  When we were notified prior to the cruise, it was good news- once boarded- not.

Good luck.

That's interesting, last minute move up, I suppose they get a few late minute cancels and if your move up is next,  they're going to take the money.  The only thing that surprises me is that they have the IT/computing systems that can do that (successfully) at the last minute. 

• Like 1

I had that on the current cruise I'm on.    Received the Rejection notice at exactly saiing time  4PM 48 hours before the cruise.    It was a Saturday Cruise and was notified at 4PM Thursday.

The next cruise (B2B) it was kinda weird.    Sunday Departure -  On Tuesday my bid showed expired for one bid and Pending on another.   The next day all the suites and Blu showed booked.    I checked my bid and both were open for Modification and Cancellation.     Two days later I was awarded an upgrade.

First notification of my upgrade was when my watched buzzed from my credit card alerting me of the CC charge.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

I have a move up for this Sunday.  When I look it shows pending but won't allow me to modify.  I know others on this has itinerary have received their confirmations, since it's past 48 hours.  I thought you received an email either way but maybe only if confirmed?  Thank you.

Hi @lakegirl16I think we may have bid on the same royal suite for Sunday's cruise? I got an email today that our bid was unsuccessful. I bid pretty low ($900 total for the 2 of us) from a sky suite so I am not surprised and are cool with our existing sky suite. Mine was showing pending for awhile too. 

See you on the ship!

9 hours ago, janbear said:

Hi @lakegirl16I think we may have bid on the same royal suite for Sunday's cruise? I got an email today that our bid was unsuccessful. I bid pretty low ($900 total for the 2 of us) from a sky suite so I am not surprised and are cool with our existing sky suite. Mine was showing pending for awhile too. 

See you on the ship!

Hello!  I was bidding on a Celebrity Suite.  Still no notification one way or the other.  

See you on the ship.