Royal Caribbean keep increasing my payment due, even after final payment!

I'm at my wits end with Royal Carribbean.

A couple of years ago I made a booking that was cancelled due to Covid, received FCC, then made a new booking and applied it. I then changed this booking to a different cruise, paying the change fee outright. 

Each time I was quoted a final payment amount, and sent an invoice to that effect. 

Later when I check my "Make a payment" online, the amount due is larger than that on my invoice! Usually by either $100 or even $200. 

This happened 3 times, and each time they swore they fixed it, sent through an invoice with correct final payment, only for me to see an increased amount the next day in the online portal.

It's now happened again, after I made final payment (due on 18th Dec)! I have an invoice emailed to me saying that the remaining balance is $0 and a screenshot of the planner showing final payment has been made. But when I log into it today...$100 due!

I'm trying to call yet again but their line is so bad I get cut off. I'm seriously worried that even if they fix it, it'll happen again and my cruise will get automatically cancelled. 

My first sailing with them will be Feb 23 on Quantum and I already never want to sail with them again. 

Edited by adelaidefc
Title error

• adelaidefc changed the title to Royal Caribbean keep increasing my payment due, even after final payment!
3 hours ago, adelaidefc said:

I'm at my wits end with Royal Carribbean.

A couple of years ago I made a booking that was cancelled due to Covid, received FCC, then made a new booking and applied it. I then changed this booking to a different cruise, paying the change fee outright. 

Each time I was quoted a final payment amount, and sent an invoice to that effect. 

Later when I check my "Make a payment" online, the amount due is larger than that on my invoice! Usually by either $100 or even $200. 

This happened 3 times, and each time they swore they fixed it, sent through an invoice with correct final payment, only for me to see an increased amount the next day in the online portal.

It's now happened again, after I made final payment (due on 18th Dec)! I have an invoice emailed to me saying that the remaining balance is $0 and a screenshot of the planner showing final payment has been made. But when I log into it today...$100 due!

I'm trying to call yet again but their line is so bad I get cut off. I'm seriously worried that even if they fix it, it'll happen again and my cruise will get automatically cancelled. 

My first sailing with them will be Feb 23 on Quantum and I already never want to sail with them again. 

guestaccounthelp@rccl.com

royalcustomerserviceau@rcclapac.com

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Thanks 1

I got through this morning and had it reversed for the 4th time, once again with apologies for the inconvenience and a promise it won't happen again. 

They said if it does happen again just ignore it and the cruise won't be cancelled. I'm very sceptical of this as it's likely automated, and fully expect to have to call again after final payment due date on 18 Dec.

I'm worried that it may also automatically cancel the drinks package, so I'll have to argue to get that back for the same price we paid in Black Friday sale. 

They refused to offer any OBC or recompense for the many hours spent on the phone fixing their repeated errors. 

Sharp contrast to Carnival who I just disembarked from, who gave everyone on a Moreton Island cruise $200 OBC and 50% fare in FCC just for missing a port due to weather. One will likely get my repeat custom, the other will not.