Seafood Boil

CHIEFWINEMAKER

My upcoming January NA cruise now lists a Seafood Boil “ a one time dinner at Lido Market , charges apply” in the Navigator app.  I have not seen anything mentioned about this on the HAL website or this forum. Does anyone here have any additional information on this dinner? It’s listed on the evening of our day at HMC. 

Interesting, on our trans-Atlantic from Barcelona in November, there was a special "Seafood Boil" dinner in the Lido on our last night.  There wasn't a charge for it, but it was delicious!  Huge head on shrimp, crab, sausage, potatoes, corn on the cob, onions, etc., as well as lobster curry with huge pieces of lobster in it were all in the mix and you could go back as often as you wished.   Maybe they were just anxious to get rid of all the extra seafood before we arrived in Miami.  I'd gladly head to the Lido if they had one on our next cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Interesting, on our trans-Atlantic from Barcelona in November, there was a special "Seafood Boil" dinner in the Lido on our last night.  There wasn't a charge for it, but it was delicious!  Huge head on shrimp, crab, sausage, potatoes, corn on the cob, onions, etc., as well as lobster curry with huge pieces of lobster in it were all in the mix and you could go back as often as you wished.   Maybe they were just anxious to get rid of all the extra seafood before we arrived in Miami.  I'd gladly head to the Lido if they had one on our next cruise.

Gerry - that seafood boil was fabulous but I don't think they would get people to pay $39 to have it in the Lido.  Maybe they will just do it for free on the transatlantics?

Helen

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

Gerry - that seafood boil was fabulous but I don't think they would get people to pay $39 to have it in the Lido.  Maybe they will just do it for free on the transatlantics?

Helen

They successfully did it with a charge 4 times in 2 months on our Westerdam Australian/New Zealand cruise.

25 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

Helen

I wouldn’t pay $39 to eat in the lido.  I’m sure some will.  I does sound good though. 

They had it in the Lido on Nieuw Amsterdam and Rotterdam in October and November this year.  There was a charge, and it was well attended both times I walked by during the dinner.  It looked good and was a huge serving.

~Nancy

• Like 1