Lower Price after final payment

trbarton

Your T/A can check for you.

People have said that they sometimes get the difference in price in on board credit, or at least some on board credit. In your case I'm not sure that would apply because it is a different category of cabin you are looking at that is cheaper.

Are you sure the inside stateroom isn't going to charge you a single surcharge. All prices, except for the studios, are based on per-person, double occupancy required. So comparing the advertised rate for a studio verses an inside cabin (with the 2 person requirement) isn't an apples to apples price comparison. NCL does, on occasion, have cruises where they waive the single supplement, so have your T/A check.

8 hours ago, fshagan said:

Are you sure the inside stateroom isn't going to charge you a single surcharge. All prices, except for the studios, are based on per-person, double occupancy required.

If you set the filters properly on the website you can see the rate one person would pay for a double-occupancy room, right within the cruise search.  It's not really difficult to do a proper comparison of the fares, unlike on some other lines where you have to actually get into the booking process to get the single-occupancy rates.

That said, @trbarton - if the rate is good enough, you might be able to swing an upgrade.  You may have to pay a little more to get upgraded (so, maybe to a balcony instead) as a result of price decreases as I think you need to go to a higher-priced cabin.  Keep in mind that any cabin upgrade or credit for fare reduction will be a ONE TIME adjustment.  Once you get one you're done with those.

Edited by hallux

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve made my final payment for a studio stateroom & see that an inside stateroom is now lower. Has anyone gotten a reduction after final payment?  I’m using a T/A. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

Leave the money on the table but ask for an upgrade in category. That is a win win for both parties as NCL keeps the fare and you get a better cabin.

1 hour ago, Lakesregion said:

Leave the money on the table but ask for an upgrade in category. That is a win win for both parties as NCL keeps the fare and you get a better cabin.

This is probably the best option.  NCL will offer FCC on the price difference for the same cabin so you won't get it if another category of cabin is cheaper now.  You can see if they will upgrade you though.  

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve made my final payment for a studio stateroom & see that an inside stateroom is now lower. Has anyone gotten a reduction after final payment?  I’m using a T/A. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

You maybe able to get an upgrade, but the price of your cabin has not decreased so there is nothing to reduce. your best bet will be to upgrade to a higher category cabin that costs more than you paid and pay the difference.