14 day Northern Lights cruise?

phabric

May I suggest that you take a private excursion?  Princess did not offer anything like we got to do. We were transported an hour away from the ship, where is is very dark.  When we returned to the ship after we saw a spectacular display, you could barely see it from the ship.  If you photographed it, it looked a bit better but nothing like what we saw!!  There is too much light pollution where the ship is docked to get a good view of the lights.

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

May I suggest that you take a private excursion?  Princess did not offer anything like we got to do. We were transported an hour away from the ship, where is is very dark.  When we returned to the ship after we saw a spectacular display, you could barely see it from the ship.  If you photographed it, it looked a bit better but nothing like what we saw!!  There is too much light pollution where the ship is docked to get a good view of the lights.

Can you name your excursion?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, phabric said:

Can you name your excursion?

I sure can!  Just went to look it up!
"Storekorsnes Ferie & Fritid"  
Google it and take a look!  The family who does this tour is just wonderful! We spent two evenings with them and saw the lights on the second night.  The first night, Elin cooked a spectacular dinner including King Crab, home made bread, and lovely veggies.  They offered Norwegian beer too!  Wonderful!
The second night, fresh breads, hot and delicious soup, warm drinks!  
They made us feel like family!
THE Best tour we ever took!

BTW, we did not stay at their "hotel". They transported us in vans from the ship each day. The family is Sami Indians and they catch King Crab.  We learned about Sami life and history.  Truly a unique experience.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bjkTX said:

I hear you.  When we got back the lines in Houston were almost as bad - 20 booths available but only 2 with operators...  I have been looking at the TA - we'll see 🙂  Thanks!

Princess have some fab cruises to  Norway (and the northern destinations) from Southampton, if you could make it work for you! Hope you get something sorted and the Atlantic crossings from NY all year (another line) are wonderful to avoid the tedium of long flying hours.