Thanks to Cruise Critic!

virginiab

Once again, I need to say thanks to Cruise critic members for sharing information. Over the years, I must have saved thousands of dollars due to thing I learned here.

This time, I am grateful for those of you who said we could use non-refundable credits to buy Carnival gift cards at Cherry on Top. We had $600 pandemic credit plus $100 shareholder credit and I bought a $300 gift card that we will use on our next cruise so we can spread out the credit. As we were doing a very low-activity cruise, we really did not need $700 to spend on the December cruise.

I'm sorry that I don't remember who talked about the gift card possibility, but you have my gratitude!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

And THANK YOU for confirming this is still an option. Some people have been very tight lipped trying to sway people to not do this. I also have the same credits plus some OBC from booking during a sale that offered it. So far, we've only booked a night in the Steakhouse with it...will see how much we actually use when we cruise in a few weeks.

We used just under $400 on an 8-night cruise. Tips, some sushi, one steakhouse entree in the main dining room, some soft drinks and a few small purchases in the gift shop.  No excursions, no steakhouse this time, no alcohol. We were happy to pay the tips at the current $14.50 per person per day, so that was our biggest expense.

• Like 1

I want to thank you all for turning me on to this electrical block. It was recommended on here because it is Carnival approved.

I now have them all over my home and I am not giving them away as gifts.

They're perfect. Flat cord makes it easier to hide or put up against furniture. Has 3 regular outlets, two USB and one USB-C plug

image.png.02efb466e8a698b957a44ca366da23bb.png

Available on Amazon

From Mifaso 

Edited by EngIceDave

37 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I want to thank you all for turning me on to this electrical block. It was recommended on here because it is Carnival approved.

They're perfect. Flat cord makes it easier to hide or put up against furniture. Has 3 regular outlets, two USB and one USB-C plug

Available on Amazon

From Mifaso 

I love drop cords and power strips with flat plugs like that. That's how they all should be made I think!

8 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Available on Amazon

From Mifaso 

Thank you for mentioning this, it's 41% off at amazon for the next 5 hours!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MsOne said:

And THANK YOU for confirming this is still an option. Some people have been very tight lipped trying to sway people to not do this. I also have the same credits plus some OBC from booking during a sale that offered it. So far, we've only booked a night in the Steakhouse with it...will see how much we actually use when we cruise in a few weeks.

It has always been an option.  What wasn't an option was people asking at Cherry On Top if they can get gift cards with  OBC.  Maybe it was people misunderstanding the question and the answer since technically you are aren't using your OBC in COT, you are charging to your S&S and OBC is applying to your S&S charges.

• Like 1