Vaccination requirements change

thepeb

We are on the R301 cruise - South America. The following is for our cruise:

Testing requirements for your holiday

All guests aged five years and over must take a self-administered COVID-19 lateral flow/antigen test in the three days before, or on the day of, departure. You will be required to declare your negative test result and may be asked to show appropriate proof at the terminal.

What is acceptable proof of my negative COVID-19 test result?

One photo which shows, all together, the negative result, a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s licence), a clock displaying the time (a watch, mobile phone or wall clock, for example) and the date of testing (this can be written on a piece of paper). Please ensure you have this photo with you as you may be asked to show it at the terminal.

Over-the-counter COVID-19 tests meet the requirements. While NHS tests are now only issued for those in medical need, if you have any remaining, these would also be accepted.

56 minutes ago, Cj hanlon said:

Norwegian or Princess cruise lines for me then. Laters P&O 👋

Unless you are on J301, N302 and R301 there is no test requirements.  I assume you are unvaccinated and that is your reason for looking elsewhere?  

5 hours ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

We are on the R301 cruise - South America. The following is for our cruise:

Testing requirements for your holiday

All guests aged five years and over must take a self-administered COVID-19 lateral flow/antigen test in the three days before, or on the day of, departure. You will be required to declare your negative test result and may be asked to show appropriate proof at the terminal.

What is acceptable proof of my negative COVID-19 test result?

One photo which shows, all together, the negative result, a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s licence), a clock displaying the time (a watch, mobile phone or wall clock, for example) and the date of testing (this can be written on a piece of paper). Please ensure you have this photo with you as you may be asked to show it at the terminal.

Over-the-counter COVID-19 tests meet the requirements. While NHS tests are now only issued for those in medical need, if you have any remaining, these would also be accepted.

So you have to have all the requirements ....and then you can write the date on a piece of paper...any date or a particular one? I doubt if any sane person would class that as any form of proof.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

So you have to have all the requirements ....and then you can write the date on a piece of paper...any date or a particular one? I doubt if any sane person would class that as any form of proof.

And write your chosen date on any particular colour of piece of paper, and show a clock displaying any particular time of day?....You couldn't make this up.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Ridiculous isn't it?. The front of my phone shows the time and date, so will put that next to the PLF stick, along with my drivers licence to prove its me. Surprised they didn't ask for a video of doing the test!.  

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

86C1666D-9BA4-4E28-9892-982C6953B28A.thumb.png.e466e0a535639403c61d85fd87102229.png

This is great news.

It is awful news. I certainly do not want to travel with passengers who have not been vaccinated. Unless it is for medical reasons I cannot understand the reluctance to be vaccinated. It is just selfish.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

It is awful news. I certainly do not want to travel with passengers who have not been vaccinated. Unless it is for medical reasons I cannot understand the reluctance to be vaccinated. It is just selfish.

Quite agree. 

• Haha 1