Any way to know bed to balcony position?

EngIceDave

May be a silly question, maybe not...

But some balcony cabins have the bed near the balcony and some have the sofa by the balcony...

Any way of knowing what's what? What you have beforehand?

I'd prefer bed by balcony, so I can see from it from the bed in mornings or after a nice nappy time

May odd/even tells the tale? Any known tricks from you agent types?

Edited by EngIceDave
brainfart
  • Like 1

I can't speak for the Excel Class where I do think the indenture switches things up but I've personally never been on a Carnival ship where the bed wasn't by the balcony/window in both Balc and OV rooms.

29 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

May be a silly question, maybe not...

But some balcony cabins have the bed near the balcony and some have the sofa by the balcony...

Any way of knowing what's what? What you have beforehand?

I'd prefer bed by balcony, so I can see from it from the bed in mornings or after a nice nappy time

May odd/even tells the tale? Any known tricks from you agent types?

Why don't you include the ship you're interested in?

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Why don't you include the ship you're interested in?

I am booked on two different cruises, Luminosa and Celebration.

But, was wondering if there are any general rules.

I do remember one time, no idea which, when the couch was next to window and balcony

Luminosa is an older ship with all beds next to the balcony windows. Exceptions for Handicap rooms with head of the bed on the opposite wall of the windows. 

Mardi Gras has interlocking cabins. The head of the bed juts into the cabin next door. These rooms have the bathrooms back to back. If you enlarge the deck plan, notice the doors are not in the center of the cabin. From in the hall look at the wide portion of the wall between the cabins, The cabin on the left will have the bed by the balcony, the cabin on the right will have the bed by the bath. My favorite balcony is 17201. The balcony is more like a patio. Room for two chairs, two loungers and two tables. There is a private elevator around the corner to inside the spa. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Madhatter12 said:

Add about the 8 minute mark it tells you how to recognize which way the bed is position in the cabin.

That ended up being incorrect when we were on the MG earlier in the year.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Madhatter12 said:

Add about the 8 minute mark it tells you how to recognize which way the bed is position in the cabin.

Thank you, but unless I missed it, it didn't explain "the code" if there is one, to determine what your cabin is, for example is 14251 a right or left bathroom?

I always figured they interlocked and modular, but do not know how to tell which cabin is which

9 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Thank you, but unless I missed it, it didn't explain "the code" if there is one, to determine what your cabin is, for example is 14251 a right or left bathroom?

I always figured they interlocked and modular, but do not know how to tell which cabin is which

Room 14251 the sofa is closer to the balcony.

OK the rooms are interlocking where the bathrooms are touching. If the the door to the left of the bathroom, the bed is closest to the balcony, if the door is to the right of the bathroom that is closest to the bathroom..

8 hours ago, Madhatter12 said:

Room 14251 the sofa is closer to the balcony.

How was this determined? I just made up that cabin number at random.

How do I determine my cabin?

I fully understand the interlocking cabin construction, my question is, how do I figure out what cabin is what?

For the excel class ships, they are all built the same. Find pics people posted who stayed in an actual room. That's it. That's the full proof way to know. These theories falter. Trust me. Not that I care. I don't. But alot of people seem to. You may wind up disappointed. There are so many videos and pics of actual rooms online.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Unfortunately the above isn't always correct. We've been in 16295 and 16287 on Mardi Gras and the deck plan shows the door on the left for both rooms. 16295 has the bed by the balcony and 16287 has the sofa by the balcony. The only sure way to find out is if someone posts the info.

Cabin, 16295 is a connecting room, all connecting rooms have the bed at the balcony side. Cabin 16287 is a standard configured cabin.

Edited by Madhatter12
  • Like 1