Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

Just now, Island wannabe said:

Do you mean no adults only pool??   Those are the only pools I visit so I hope that’s not true.

It looks to me like they have expanded the sanctuary and put the pool in there.  Maybe someone can confirm?  I didn't see a retreat area on the deck plans.

5 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It looks to me like they have expanded the sanctuary and put the pool in there.  Maybe someone can confirm?  I didn't see a retreat area on the deck plans.

This has been discussed earlier in the thread - we have not yet identified a complimentary area on Sun Princess which is open to all adult guests only.   The sanctuary is a fee paying adults area which shares a pool with the Signature suite guests and we don't yet know how this will work for kids in suites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dides said:

This has been discussed earlier in the thread - we have not yet identified a complimentary area on Sun Princess which is open to all adult guests only.   The sanctuary is a fee paying adults area which shares a pool with the Signature suite guests and we don't yet know how this will work for kids in suites. 

I thinknthis means no then for an adults only retreat area. It would be labeled on deck plans.  Is there a pool area still undefined on the plans?

37 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I mean I would love a pool in the sanctuary area but I would also love to be able to get in to sanctuary each time I cruise.  Not always so lucky lol

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 1:50 AM, dides said:

We're on the Feb 8 inaugural and cannot book our Dining on the app yet (we are Elite too). Princess still need to confirm all the speciality dining options so may have to wait on that deck 17 aft restaurant announcement . Our 90 day final payment date is up next Friday (Nov 10) so all very exciting!

Side note.  Jo and I are on the Majestic  So far ,  we have spoken to ten  crew members  ( dining staff/support staff) that are transferring to the Sun.  

• Like 2

Just now, c-boy said:

Side note.  Jo and I are on the Majestic  So far ,  we have spoken to ten  crew members  ( dining staff/support staff) that are transferring to the Sun.  

Wow - hopefully that means all is on track then! And that it will be a happy ship! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I thinknthis means no then for an adults only retreat area. It would be labeled on deck plans.  Is there a pool area still undefined on the plans?

My guess is that they're trying to create "mostly adult" areas with the deck layout instead of trying to police an adult-only area. For example, the Terrace pool on Emerald Princess is supposed to be 18+, but it's not enforced and therefore why have the rule at all? On the Sun Princess it appears that all of the outdoor kid-centric areas are on the lido deck and above - i.e. lido pools and dome pool. By putting the Wake View Terrace on deck 8, I would think/hope that it would deter many kids/families from making that a destination.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Set-to-Sail said:

Currently on Enchanted Princess.  Passed by Sun Princess early this morning

IMG_5507.jpeg

Awesome! I spotted them close together on the tracker this morning but thought everyone on Enchanted would be asleep 😀

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, rob-vs said:

My guess is that they're trying to create "mostly adult" areas with the deck layout instead of trying to police an adult-only area.

Best I can tell, they have expanded the sanctuary on this ship and put the pool there, so I suspect it's to get more paid bookings for the sanctuary.

It seems new builds are going to be designed to create more exclusive spaces that cost additional fees to access.  

Edited by kywildcatfanone
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Has anyone with Sun Princess bookings been able to book dining? Just wondering if the problem is it's a new ship and dining is not yet set up. I don't want to miss out and my chat was a joke. 

Not yet for our Apr 27 cruise. DMW gets farther than it used to but then says nothing available. I’m sure they’ll load it eventually. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

Has anyone with Sun Princess bookings been able to book dining? Just wondering if the problem is it's a new ship and dining is not yet set up. I don't want to miss out and my chat was a joke. 

30 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Not yet for our Apr 27 cruise. DMW gets farther than it used to but then says nothing available. I’m sure they’ll load it eventually. 

I'm wondering if the delay is due to there being one MDR on three levels with each level having a different 'style' of service, i.e. slow, medium and fast. At least that's what I got from watching the videos. Could be that with that kind of arrangement the current method Princess uses to 'load' dining room configurations for a ship won't work for the Sun Princess. Heaven help us if the crack IT folk have to make some software changes.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jennybenny said:

We've just gone past our final payment date for the Feb 8th inaugural and nothing showing for dining on the app yet. Remember we haven't got the full set of speciality dining venues yet - there is still a deck 17 aft restaurant that is 'coming soon' on the the deck plans that has to be announced. 

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the aft photo! I looks to me like the aft balconies in the center are not yet complete as there's no center dividers visible and no glass in place either. I suppose they've got lots more to do before February.

Edited by beg3yrs