Help with boarding Breakaway, please!

zanydoc

Hello! We haven’t cruised NCL in at least a decade and hopefully are setting sail on the Breakaway tomorrow. I had a struggle with checking in my husband and was unable to download his photo, thus unable to complete his check in. My son and I are checked in. Do we need any additional documentation besides our passports to get checked in at the pier? Also on the cruises that I’ve taken with RC and Carnival, there was a “boarding pass” that was required to show at the terminal, but I am not seeing anything like that for this cruise. Am I missing something? Or is this because I was unable to complete my husband’s check in? Please advise! Thanks!

We had no problem checking in online for our last cruise...photos uploaded no problem...got to the pier and they didn't like DW's picture...so they took it again...walked up to board the ship and showed her card...the picture that came up was one of the floor (??)...so she got sent back to have it taken again...don't worry about it...they will just take his picture when checking in.

• Like 2

We have done the photo upload pictures several times now.   For our recent online check-in, my same photo that had successfully uploaded three months ago would not work this time.  (Hate taking selfies at midnight!)   

And, as noted by others, it seems like the port staff wants to retake your picture at some ports.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zanydoc said:

Hello! We haven’t cruised NCL in at least a decade and hopefully are setting sail on the Breakaway tomorrow. I had a struggle with checking in my husband and was unable to download his photo, thus unable to complete his check in. My son and I are checked in. Do we need any additional documentation besides our passports to get checked in at the pier? Also on the cruises that I’ve taken with RC and Carnival, there was a “boarding pass” that was required to show at the terminal, but I am not seeing anything like that for this cruise. Am I missing something? Or is this because I was unable to complete my husband’s check in? Please advise! Thanks!

Retake the photo. DH needs to look straight into the camera. The photo needs to be against a solid background (find a wall) and be mostly face. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, abbyar said:

I also had a difficult time with the e-check in. I’m sure they will take his photo and you won’t have any further problems. 

We are also on this sailing - see you tomorrow!!

See you tomorrow! Dress warm!

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Retake the photo. DH needs to look straight into the camera. The photo needs to be against a solid background (find a wall) and be mostly face. 

Good advice! But too late, I’m afraid-the cruise sails tomorrow.  Hopefully we can get it all done at the terminal. I tried about 5 different photos with my husband and all were rejected. Maybe he’s wanted by the feds, lol!