Can you change staterooms (upgrade) before final payment, online?

xxpinksaltxx

Can anyone provide me with instructions on how to change staterooms before final payment, online? I've just noticed our cruise is $500 cheaper (we are 82 days out of sailing). Previously (over 5 years ago) you used to be able to change your stateroom online, I thought rather than doing a simple category change, I could upgrade into a more expensive stateroom (but the same price as our original booking).

I can not for the life of me find the option, the only option i can find is 'change stateroom' but when i click on the options it sends me to a dead end. Our reservation is Australian-based, and we have a non-refundable deposit, so cancelling and rebooking is not an option.

Thanks for your help 🙂  

1 hour ago, xxpinksaltxx said:

Can anyone provide me with instructions on how to change staterooms before final payment, online? I've just noticed our cruise is $500 cheaper (we are 82 days out of sailing). Previously (over 5 years ago) you used to be able to change your stateroom online, I thought rather than doing a simple category change, I could upgrade into a more expensive stateroom (but the same price as our original booking).

I can not for the life of me find the option, the only option i can find is 'change stateroom' but when i click on the options it sends me to a dead end. Our reservation is Australian-based, and we have a non-refundable deposit, so cancelling and rebooking is not an option.

Thanks for your help 🙂  

Unless I’m mistaken, cruises of five days or more have final payment date of 90 days from sail date. Once inside of final payment your option to upgrade your cabin, for free, is pretty slim. You can call and maybe you’ll talk to someone who doesn’t know the rules and let you do it. I have read about people getting som obc instead.

I don’t ever recall being able to change cabins, or upgrade on line.

Maybe things are different for Australia. 

• Like 1

We called, and the lady was so helpful. I chose to upgrade (in Australia our final payment isn't until 75 days before sailing), upgraded to a C2 from a 1A for AUD$25 each. Felt it was a good deal for the extra captains club points, as we are only 80 away from elite (every little bit counts). 

Will certainly keep an eye on the upgrade me offers as well for an upgrade to Aqua. 

Edited by xxpinksaltxx
  • Like 2