Couple of questions from an oceania newby

ryansmousehouse

Just made out first booking on Oceania Riviera for 2023...have sailed many times on celebrity so looking forward to a change... These aren't first world questions but I'm curious... My wife doesn't drink alcohol but on celebrity they have non alcoholic wine available.. Does Oceania offer this and I see when staying in penthouse or above you can have Specialty restaurant meals served in your suite.. Is this something the butler orders for you or do you request from regular room service staff.. Thanks, Bob

Yes there are more and more non alcoholic drinks being offered. In a PH, your Butler will serve you course by course dinners from any of the Specialty restaurants. In addition, your Butler can assist you in getting extra reservation’s in the Specialties on a space available basis. There is also no charge for these dinners in your suite or the extra reservations.  
Moving from Celebrity  will be a plus as you will find many on this Board who have made the switch. You will definitely enjoy life on Riviera and there IS a difference between the two lines. Just enjoy the smaller ships. The topic has been discussed many times so you will be able to go back in the Board about this topic and read others perceptions and opinions.

Enjoy, Mauibabes

28 minutes ago, ryansmousehouse said:

Just made out first booking on Oceania Riviera for 2023...have sailed many times on celebrity so looking forward to a change... These aren't first world questions but I'm curious... My wife doesn't drink alcohol but on celebrity they have non alcoholic wine available.. Does Oceania offer this and I see when staying in penthouse or above you can have Specialty restaurant meals served in your suite.. Is this something the butler orders for you or do you request from regular room service staff.. Thanks, Bob

Mauibabes covered it, but you should give a bit of advance notice to the Butler when you want to dine in your stateroom, so he can arrange it and schedule it in his duties.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Mauibabes covered it, but you should give a bit of advance notice to the Butler when you want to dine in your stateroom, so he can arrange it and schedule it in his duties.

*1. I always discuss plans for en-suite dining with my butler at least by breakfast time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 6:44 PM, ryansmousehouse said:

on celebrity they have non alcoholic wine available.. Does Oceania offer this 

Does anyone know what brand of non-alcoholic wine is served on Oceania?

Is there a charge for non-alcoholic wine?

53 minutes ago, temerarious said:

No and yes. 

3 hours ago, temerarious said:

Where I come from non-alcoholic wine is called grape juice. 

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Where I come from non-alcoholic wine is called grape juice. 

Where you come from a Mississippi Mud Pie is not the same as what we made in the backyard as kids. LOL😁 BTW I love your answer to this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, temerarious said:

We were just on the Marina last month.  My wife ordered a bottle of non-alcohol wine.  Yes, they charge the same as for regular wine.  We don't remember the brand, but my wife says it was good.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Goofyisme said:

Is it possible to host a couple from another non-suite cabin in your suite for specialty or course by course dining.  Of course if this is possible would give advanced notice to the butler.

yes, it is possible based on my own first hand experience.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

Is it possible to host a couple from another non-suite cabin in your suite for specialty or course by course dining.  Of course if this is possible would give advanced notice to the butler.

Keep in mind the PH is probably too small for this, so you'd want one of the top 3 suites for this. 

• Like 3