Crown Princess Hawaii - 15 Feb to 2 Mar - Trip Prep & Live

arctickitty

15 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

@cr8tiv1I’m not familiar with Jams or Reyn’s. Do they have stores on Kauai? Next trip over is in May and I’ll check them out. 

I usually refuse the shell necklace at HH as I know it will just end up in the garbage can at the end of the trip. 

They are now very valuable!  A collectors’ item.  You could probably have cashed the necklaces in for a free cruise to Hawaii.  

You will find the Jam’s and Reyn’s brands at Hawaii Macys. The only store fronts are on Oahu. 

google:  reynspooner and jamsworld

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

@arctickitty....thank you, thank you for this great review!

We are taking our 1st cruise to Hawaii in January 2024 - 18 days on HAL.  Yes we are "old" folks who LOVE HAL.

Your bike rental info is fantastic I have added it to our spreadsheet of things to do.  If I don't write things down it often gets lost.

I am researching what to do in each port and renting bikes is right up our alley!  We are NOT into crowds and we love being outside and we ride bikes daily in our retirement years.

Did the bike rentals come with locks, or you felt the bikes were safe when you would stop someplace?  We love the water so we might ride to the beach and the bikes might be out of sight.

Loving all your adventures!

Edited by Hogladyrider

2 hours ago, JustVinney said:

How do you find the internet working on this voyage? 

I'll be on the Crown in Alaska late may. Never really thought about doing a live before, but very much enjoying yours, suddenly considering it...

Good morning @JustVinney

It has generally worked for doing Cruise Citric which has been about 90% of my internet usage on this trip.  A few times it hasn’t wanted to upload pictures right at that moment and yesterday afternoon it paused a few times but it mostly works.  It seems to be able to do about a 3 second video upload but not more.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@arctickitty....thank you, thank you for this great review!

We are taking our 1st cruise to Hawaii in January 2024 - 18 days on HAL.  Yes we are "old" folks who LOVE HAL.

Your bike rental info is fantastic I have added it to our spreadsheet of things to do.  If I don't write things down it often gets lost.

I am researching what to do in each port and renting bikes is right up our alley!  We are NOT into crowds and we love being outside and we ride bikes daily in our retirement years.

Did the bike rentals come with locks, or you felt the bikes were safe when you would stop someplace?  We love the water so we might ride to the beach and the bikes might be out of sight.

Loving all your adventures!

Good morning @Hogladyrider

The bikes did come with locks.  Alfie showed us how to use them and they did work as intended.  The two times we wanted to leave the bikes and walk we found bike racks.  The two times we stopped to eat we just parked them on their kickstands and kept an eye on them.  There are tons of companies that rent bikes in Lahaina but Alfie with Beat Any Price Rentals provides a one-on-one personalized experience.

• Like 1

@JustVinney regarding doing a live, you can do it however you want, a lot or a little.  I’ve read a lot of live froms and cruise bloggers who post the full menu and patter every day and give a blow by blow as it’s happening.  I generally don’t want to spend that much time during my trip online so I don’t make any promises to do so.  I did a live from my last cruise when I didn’t even have internet!  I posted highlights during the ports and travel days and then did the blow by blow when I got home.  So you can have your own style, make it your own, make it work for you.

• Like 3

Quick post this morning as we lost an hour so I am “behind schedule” but I wanted to post an update on Zumba etc and most importantly Kristoff our missing cruise director.

He is back!  He wasn’t at dance fitness yesterday and Hannah the production dancer said she didn’t know who would teach today, but he appeared at the white & gold love boat party.  I hadn’t said anything because I didn’t want to start something, but he’d been missing for about a week.  I did not take my own dare at the sailaway parties to ask the assistant cruise director WHERE’S KRISTOFF??? but last night Special Someone did take the bait to go up to Kristoff and chat with him outside Explorers and Kristoff confessed he was feeling “much better now.”  Zumba is on the schedule and Kristoff is the one with the Zumba certification so that means he will teach Zumba today or they magically got another instructor so that means I need to go and find out.  This is Dancersize with Hannah from yesterday:

9BB76FDA-EF80-4F6A-9BE2-F3E2E137B869.thumb.jpeg.e626a9575d2b8faff60cb609cb7cce87.jpeg

This was the lowest attendance I’ve seen all cruise.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, arctickitty said:

@JustVinney regarding doing a live, you can do it however you want, a lot or a little.  I’ve read a lot of live froms and cruise bloggers who post the full menu and patter every day and give a blow by blow as it’s happening.  I generally don’t want to spend that much time during my trip online so I don’t make any promises to do so.  I did a live from my last cruise when I didn’t even have internet!  I posted highlights during the ports and travel days and then did the blow by blow when I got home.  So you can have your own style, make it your own, make it work for you.

That's excellent to know. I'm new to Cruise Critic but enjoying thus far - especially following your posts. Thank you for posting and for the info & advice. Even in my most social moments, I would describe myself as very much an introvert - so detaching from the internet & most communication is not at all hard for me. Nice to know some occasional posts when the mood strikes would be acceptable - the thought of an expectation for consistent posts would likely prevent me from doing a live. Something to consider, that's for sure! 

Thanks again - hope you continue to enjoy your time on board! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arctickitty said:

Quick post this morning as we lost an hour so I am “behind schedule” but I wanted to post an update on Zumba etc and most importantly Kristoff our missing cruise director.

He is back!  He wasn’t at dance fitness yesterday and Hannah the production dancer said she didn’t know who would teach today, but he appeared at the white & gold love boat party.  I hadn’t said anything because I didn’t want to start something, but he’d been missing for about a week.  I did not take my own dare at the sailaway parties to ask the assistant cruise director WHERE’S KRISTOFF??? but last night Special Someone did take the bait to go up to Kristoff and chat with him outside Explorers and Kristoff confessed he was feeling “much better now.”  Zumba is on the schedule and Kristoff is the one with the Zumba certification so that means he will teach Zumba today or they magically got another instructor so that means I need to go and find out.  This is Dancersize with Hannah from yesterday:

9BB76FDA-EF80-4F6A-9BE2-F3E2E137B869.thumb.jpeg.e626a9575d2b8faff60cb609cb7cce87.jpeg

This was the lowest attendance I’ve seen all cruise.

We were on the 1/6 Crown cruise to Hawaii and Kristoff went missing for the 4 days we were in Hawaii.  Strange it happened again.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:08 AM, arctickitty said:

@Happiestwhencruising because of this thread when we were hiding from the midday sun in Lahaina at one of the malls, I said, let’s go in Hilo Hattie’s to see what it is.  I’ve been to Hawaii by air from Alaska 5 times before and had never been in one.  It is a store where you can get your matchy-matchy Aloha wear, aka men’s Aloha shirts that match women’s Aloha dresses.  The majority of the store was clothes.  They had a variety of other souvenirs, macadamia nuts, coffee, leis, etc.  I think the comparison to Wal-Mart is that it’s one stop shopping for souvenirs and Aloha wear but it’s not artisan goods.  For example, the don’t have coffee or Mac nuts from my favorite farm on the Big Island; they just have products from bigger producers.

Thanks for the explanation. 

• Thanks 1

Kristoff is baaaaaaack!!!  His smile was out in full force at Zumba and so were the passengers.

I like Hannah the production dancer’s classes, too, but I’m glad Kristoff is back.  Kristoff seems to be doing the same songs in each of his sessions but in a different order, mostly different genres of Latin music.  Hannah uses a lot more pop songs with female vocalists eg Cher & Christina Aguilera.  Yesterday for one song, Hannah told us it would be a bit “show girly” and she hoped we could embrace it and make sure to shimmy our cha-chas.  For any male who thinks shimmying your cha-chas is only for females, they need to go see Kristoff shimmy his cha-chas and wiggle his hips and pump his booty during his Zumba classes.  He has a straight up and down build like a Roman column but he has full access to all of his rotations.  I really must get up earlier so I can get there on time and get up to speed.

93A113B9-1CC1-427D-BBCB-7E2F63EB785B.thumb.jpeg.9867c7eba4dba6804bbd1b7f5c67abdb.jpeg

For those who like dance classes, Hannah is teaching a Latin dance class today at 1pm.  For me that conflicts with ukelele class, but I bet it would be fun!

On the subject of mysteries, on about the fourth day of the cruise a little table appeared outside the door of a balcony room on our deck.  As expected it would pile up with room service plates throughout the day and one day there was a red biohazard bag.  Later the same day the little tables appeared at two other balcony rooms on our hallway.  All three tables are still in place, but two of the rooms no longer have names posted.

Additionally, when we started the cruise, the room to one side was empty.  During the port days, a name appeared.  But now it’s gone again.  There are other rooms I’ve noticed names appear or disappear.

The final mystery is that in the process of searching for a open laundry room, Special Someone noticed that our original room on the Plaza deck now has a name listed on it, when it was blank before.  Our theory on that mystery is that it’s a lecturer or performer.  Hopefully it doesn’t flood on them!

Next I want to talk a bit about our experiences using OceanNow, the service on the Medallion app to order conceivably anything anywhere.

1. As mentioned by EmmaCruises, you cannot use OceanNow in a laundry room.  It is still true that if you try, it will say “service unavailable in this location.”

1. It works for room service almost all of the time

1. It doesn’t work as well out on the open decks.  

1. We have Princess Plus and haven’t been charged for ordering multiple drinks at the same time 

1. You can see if you’ll be charged for something before you place the order (it will show the total and then subtract your package).

1. You can order San Pelligrino but not Perrier

1. You can order the small bottled waters

1. If they don’t have something in stock you ordered they will either substitute and bring it to you or come and talk to you in person.  When we ordered Maker’s Mark we saw in the app that they changed it to Knob Creek.  Yesterday Special Someone was continuing his quest to drink beer around the world and they didn’t have one of the beers he ordered and they came to the door and asked if he’d like a Guinness instead.

1. You can customize if you want a drink neat, on the rocks, blended, etc and for many drinks you can customize what garnish you want.

1. When you’re done with a room service tray, there is an option in OceanNow to have it picked up.  We use this every time and it’s fast service.  I think I’ve seen far fewer trays in the halls on this cruise than any other and I wonder if it’s because people are using this feature.

1. You can also order extra towels, pillows, hangers, etc…. We used it to order bathrobes and got them, but when we ordered hangers we didn’t get them.  We folded up our extra clothes instead of asking for hangers again.

1. We have yet to reach the limit on how many specialty coffees you can order at one time.  

1. Our specialty coffee orders have been about 50-80% accurate.  

1. Their lattes are coffee-weak and they don’t consistently add the extra shots that you can request so we started ordering double espressos and adding them in ourselves.

1. You can add flavored syrup to a latte but not an americano.  

1. We have worked our way through the syrup menu (I think) and our favorites are caramel, coconut, tiramisu, and vanilla.  They also have lavender, butter pecan, cinnamon, chai…. they told us the ship doesn’t have the mint chocolate on board so you can’t get any of the mint coffee drinks.  I’ve ordered the chocolate chip cookie via OceanNow and in person several times and gotten a plain latte every single time, no explanation.

1. You can get your latte hot, iced, blended etc but not an americano

1. But if you want it blended it has to be after 6am because the blended drinks are made by a bartender and they don’t start work till 6am (yes, they came to my door and told me this when I ordered a blended latte at 5am)

1. They have blended drinks on the menu in the IC that they don’t have on the OceanNow menu but you can get any flavor latte blended.  So you can order a latte with coconut syrup or caramel for example and order it blended and get the same thing as the blended menu options in the IC.  But they don’t have the cherry syrup on OceanNow so you can’t get the Black Forest.  

1. This is a tangent about the coffee but the espresso at Coffee & Cones doesn’t open until 11am so the IC gets very busy 9-11am.

1. Additionally, they don’t have a blender at Coffee & Cones so you can’t get the blended drinks there, only IC or room service.

1. The bar menus on OceanNow are very extensive.  Different bars have different menus but the OceanNow list seems to be the longest.  I’ve ordered some drinks on OceanNow in order to try them and not have to figure out which bar has them or not.

1. We’ve had some really fantastic burgers for breakfast thanks to OceanNow.  Yes, so read that right.  Burgers for breakfast.  I had the idea our first port day to order a burger and a fruit plate.  You can order up to 3 additional toppings on your burger so I selected extra lettuce, extra tomato, and some mayo.  It also came with extra onion.  They left the bun open with the burger with cheese on one side (you have a choice of cheese or no cheese but not the type of cheese) and the veg on the other.  The mayo came in a little dish.  So did the ketchup another day we ordered it.  It was a perfect breakfast combo of produce, carbs, fat and protein to fuel us for a busy day.

1. Another good favorite has been the Greek Salad.  It’s not as good as what they serve in the MDRs but it has real feta and big chunks of bell pepper and good olives.

1. I didn’t see it at first but on the burger if you scroll down you can choose a side: coleslaw, fries, or chips.  I got the coleslaw once and it came in a tiny condiment dish but it was delicious.  Mayonnaise is one of my favorite food groups.

1. The fruit plates have been fresh and beautiful.  One even came with a strawberry!

Well, that’s the random OceanNow observations I have in my head at the moment.  I’ve been using my stabilizer muscles on the treadmill as I walk and type as the ship heaves and hos.  Reading and posting on Cruise Critic is one of my favorite things to do to pass the time during lower intensity gym work.

Having the free balcony upgrade has made room service make more sense.  There’s no way we would have used it as much with an interior room.  I would have gone to the IC for our coffee.  For me it’s helpful because they can deliver it while I’m putting on my compression gear or doing yoga.  We also wouldn’t have used it for drinks like we have without the Princess Plus package.  We do not live extravagantly at home and generally dont even travel as extravagantly as this cruise, but we like to try new things and try everything so the package has made that possible.  We are not forcing ourselves to order things “to get our money’s worth” but just having a good time while the good times last.

Happy to answer any questions on OceanNow.  I haven’t screenshotted everything but I’ve taken a good number of them and will post them eventually.  If there’s something specific you want to see from the app (or any other features of the app) let me know.  It’s an easy thing for me to do when I’m lying down “stuck” on my leg pump or when I’m doing an easy workout (which I need a lot of…we were lazy yesterday and I only got 13,000 steps).

We can also take “requests” of things to try if you have a favorite I haven’t mentioned!  Or something you are curious what it is like!  Mention it and if it fits into our sea days, I’ll give it a whirl.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, arctickitty said:

Kristoff is baaaaaaack!!!  His smile was out in full force at Zumba and so were the passengers.

I like Hannah the production dancer’s classes, too, but I’m glad Kristoff is back.  Kristoff seems to be doing the same songs in each of his sessions but in a different order, mostly different genres of Latin music.  Hannah uses a lot more pop songs with female vocalists eg Cher & Christina Aguilera.  Yesterday for one song, Hannah told us it would be a bit “show girly” and she hoped we could embrace it and make sure to shimmy our cha-chas.  For any male who thinks shimmying your cha-chas is only for females, they need to go see Kristoff shimmy his cha-chas and wiggle his hips and pump his booty during his Zumba classes.  He has a straight up and down build like a Roman column but he has full access to all of his rotations.  I really must get up earlier so I can get there on time and get up to speed.

93A113B9-1CC1-427D-BBCB-7E2F63EB785B.thumb.jpeg.9867c7eba4dba6804bbd1b7f5c67abdb.jpeg

For those who like dance classes, Hannah is teaching a Latin dance class today at 1pm.  For me that conflicts with ukelele class, but I bet it would be fun!

On the subject of mysteries, on about the fourth day of the cruise a little table appeared outside the door of a balcony room on our deck.  As expected it would pile up with room service plates throughout the day and one day there was a red biohazard bag.  Later the same day the little tables appeared at two other balcony rooms on our hallway.  All three tables are still in place, but two of the rooms no longer have names posted.

Additionally, when we started the cruise, the room to one side was empty.  During the port days, a name appeared.  But now it’s gone again.  There are other rooms I’ve noticed names appear or disappear.

The final mystery is that in the process of searching for a open laundry room, Special Someone noticed that our original room on the Plaza deck now has a name listed on it, when it was blank before.  Our theory on that mystery is that it’s a lecturer or performer.  Hopefully it doesn’t flood on them!

We’ve been lucky enough to have Kristoff on prior cruises and we think he’s fantastic! Do you know who will be on for the April 14th cruise? 

I might be able to help with one of your mysteries. I think I remember reading about the little tables that show up outside of cabins. These have been used for passengers that have tested positive for Covid or possibly some other sickness. 

Now for something to try……if you like ice cream, in the MDR order a “Volcano” for dessert. It’s on the kids menu and is basically a very yummy banana split. I have to have it at least once on every cruise. I wish that I had a picture to share……

• Haha 1

Arctic kitty, I am enjoying your reports so much! And let me tell you what I (and probably many others) are thinking…despite your medical challenges, your courage, determination, resiliency and sense of adventure are to be admired. You’re a warrior, girl! So proud of you. I have never tried as many things as you have done, both on and off the ship! But I do keep pretty busy on a cruise doing the things I really enjoy. (Trivia is a big favorite!) My motto has always been “Don’t wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it”. You seem to adhere to that motto too. Good for you.

I am a big coffee fan so I really enjoyed your coffee-related reports! I don’t spend much time in my cabin…you’ll find me down by the IC having cappuccino in an actual cup and saucer with a special design in the foam. What a fabulous self-indulgence!

Have you tried the regular hot chocolate drinks…or better yet, the mint hot chocolate drinks? To me they are as good as drinks from a Parisian cafe. Give them a try if you haven’t already!

Continue your fun escapades! Enjoy!

Eleanor Rigby

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arctickitty said:

Next I want to talk a bit about our experiences using OceanNow, the service on the Medallion app to order conceivably anything anywhere.

1. As mentioned by EmmaCruises, you cannot use OceanNow in a laundry room.  It is still true that if you try, it will say “service unavailable in this location.”

1. It works for room service almost all of the time

1. It doesn’t work as well out on the open decks.  

1. We have Princess Plus and haven’t been charged for ordering multiple drinks at the same time 

1. You can see if you’ll be charged for something before you place the order (it will show the total and then subtract your package).

1. You can order San Pelligrino but not Perrier

1. You can order the small bottled waters

1. If they don’t have something in stock you ordered they will either substitute and bring it to you or come and talk to you in person.  When we ordered Maker’s Mark we saw in the app that they changed it to Knob Creek.  Yesterday Special Someone was continuing his quest to drink beer around the world and they didn’t have one of the beers he ordered and they came to the door and asked if he’d like a Guinness instead.

1. You can customize if you want a drink neat, on the rocks, blended, etc and for many drinks you can customize what garnish you want.

1. When you’re done with a room service tray, there is an option in OceanNow to have it picked up.  We use this every time and it’s fast service.  I think I’ve seen far fewer trays in the halls on this cruise than any other and I wonder if it’s because people are using this feature.

1. You can also order extra towels, pillows, hangers, etc…. We used it to order bathrobes and got them, but when we ordered hangers we didn’t get them.  We folded up our extra clothes instead of asking for hangers again.

1. We have yet to reach the limit on how many specialty coffees you can order at one time.  

1. Our specialty coffee orders have been about 50-80% accurate.  

1. Their lattes are coffee-weak and they don’t consistently add the extra shots that you can request so we started ordering double espressos and adding them in ourselves.

1. You can add flavored syrup to a latte but not an americano.  

1. We have worked our way through the syrup menu (I think) and our favorites are caramel, coconut, tiramisu, and vanilla.  They also have lavender, butter pecan, cinnamon, chai…. they told us the ship doesn’t have the mint chocolate on board so you can’t get any of the mint coffee drinks.  I’ve ordered the chocolate chip cookie via OceanNow and in person several times and gotten a plain latte every single time, no explanation.

1. You can get your latte hot, iced, blended etc but not an americano

1. But if you want it blended it has to be after 6am because the blended drinks are made by a bartender and they don’t start work till 6am (yes, they came to my door and told me this when I ordered a blended latte at 5am)

1. They have blended drinks on the menu in the IC that they don’t have on the OceanNow menu but you can get any flavor latte blended.  So you can order a latte with coconut syrup or caramel for example and order it blended and get the same thing as the blended menu options in the IC.  But they don’t have the cherry syrup on OceanNow so you can’t get the Black Forest.  

1. This is a tangent about the coffee but the espresso at Coffee & Cones doesn’t open until 11am so the IC gets very busy 9-11am.

1. Additionally, they don’t have a blender at Coffee & Cones so you can’t get the blended drinks there, only IC or room service.

1. The bar menus on OceanNow are very extensive.  Different bars have different menus but the OceanNow list seems to be the longest.  I’ve ordered some drinks on OceanNow in order to try them and not have to figure out which bar has them or not.

1. We’ve had some really fantastic burgers for breakfast thanks to OceanNow.  Yes, so read that right.  Burgers for breakfast.  I had the idea our first port day to order a burger and a fruit plate.  You can order up to 3 additional toppings on your burger so I selected extra lettuce, extra tomato, and some mayo.  It also came with extra onion.  They left the bun open with the burger with cheese on one side (you have a choice of cheese or no cheese but not the type of cheese) and the veg on the other.  The mayo came in a little dish.  So did the ketchup another day we ordered it.  It was a perfect breakfast combo of produce, carbs, fat and protein to fuel us for a busy day.

1. Another good favorite has been the Greek Salad.  It’s not as good as what they serve in the MDRs but it has real feta and big chunks of bell pepper and good olives.

1. I didn’t see it at first but on the burger if you scroll down you can choose a side: coleslaw, fries, or chips.  I got the coleslaw once and it came in a tiny condiment dish but it was delicious.  Mayonnaise is one of my favorite food groups.

1. The fruit plates have been fresh and beautiful.  One even came with a strawberry!

Well, that’s the random OceanNow observations I have in my head at the moment.  I’ve been using my stabilizer muscles on the treadmill as I walk and type as the ship heaves and hos.  Reading and posting on Cruise Critic is one of my favorite things to do to pass the time during lower intensity gym work.

Having the free balcony upgrade has made room service make more sense.  There’s no way we would have used it as much with an interior room.  I would have gone to the IC for our coffee.  For me it’s helpful because they can deliver it while I’m putting on my compression gear or doing yoga.  We also wouldn’t have used it for drinks like we have without the Princess Plus package.  We do not live extravagantly at home and generally dont even travel as extravagantly as this cruise, but we like to try new things and try everything so the package has made that possible.  We are not forcing ourselves to order things “to get our money’s worth” but just having a good time while the good times last.

Happy to answer any questions on OceanNow.  I haven’t screenshotted everything but I’ve taken a good number of them and will post them eventually.  If there’s something specific you want to see from the app (or any other features of the app) let me know.  It’s an easy thing for me to do when I’m lying down “stuck” on my leg pump or when I’m doing an easy workout (which I need a lot of…we were lazy yesterday and I only got 13,000 steps).

We can also take “requests” of things to try if you have a favorite I haven’t mentioned!  Or something you are curious what it is like!  Mention it and if it fits into our sea days, I’ll give it a whirl.

a favorite thing I discovered on the Ocean Now menu was chocolate cake (I was in isolation for 1 day on our way back from Hawai'i last Jan, while waiting for a 2nd negative test so tried room service), it was the only good cake on that cruise, but someone on a thread here on a different ship said they got a mousse/pudding thing...wondering if that is true on the Crown.

also have you used crew chat for questions/issues & is it working well on the Crown

hope our wild weather here in So Cal doesn't make you trip home too bumpy...it is forecast to clear for the 2nd when you bring her back for us to sail on.

2 hours ago, Bettyboop66 said:

I might be able to help with one of your mysteries. I think I remember reading about the little tables that show up outside of cabins. These have been used for passengers that have tested positive for Covid or possibly some other sickness. 

Now for something to try……if you like ice cream, in the MDR order a “Volcano” for dessert. It’s on the kids menu and is basically a very yummy banana split. I have to have it at least once on every cruise. I wish that I had a picture to share……

You mean like this one?

E53F1293-48BD-48CB-B515-209A61391A99.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dweeb said:

You mean like this one?

E53F1293-48BD-48CB-B515-209A61391A99.jpeg

Yep, covid table!  Be careful.  We saw that happen too, first one, then three and soon the about 3/4 of the hall had the tables.  If they say it is not in the air system.........just look at how the tables appear.  Some halls have none and others, almost every cabin has one.   It is either the air system or the room steward. Yes, we got covid the very last day.  But we resisted for 30 days.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Level six said:

Yep, covid table!  Be careful.  We saw that happen too, first one, then three and soon the about 3/4 of the hall had the tables.  If they say it is not in the air system.........just look at how the tables appear.  Some halls have none and others, almost every cabin has one.   It is either the air system or the room steward. Yes, we got covid the very last day.  But we resisted for 30 days.  

What deck was that? 

30 minutes ago, Level six said:

This table has been there for about 5 days now.  No other tables have been seen on this deck.  Yes, it’s the crown princess. 

For me the mystery isn’t so much the appearance of the tables outside the doors (the one also had a biohazard bag) but the changes in the names on several doors, eg we didn’t have a neighbor and then we did and now we don’t.  The next cabin from there was blank and now has a name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bettyboop66 said:

@Bettybopp66 

Thanks for the reminder!  I have advised Special Someone that when he doesn’t like the dessert menu but does have room in his belly, he is to ask for a Volcano and see what happens.  Sounds like he is game.

3 hours ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

Arctic kitty, I am enjoying your reports so much! And let me tell you what I (and probably many others) are thinking…despite your medical challenges, your courage, determination, resiliency and sense of adventure are to be admired. You’re a warrior, girl! So proud of you. I have never tried as many things as you have done, both on and off the ship! But I do keep pretty busy on a cruise doing the things I really enjoy. (Trivia is a big favorite!) My motto has always been “Don’t wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it”. You seem to adhere to that motto too. Good for you.

I am a big coffee fan so I really enjoyed your coffee-related reports! I don’t spend much time in my cabin…you’ll find me down by the IC having cappuccino in an actual cup and saucer with a special design in the foam. What a fabulous self-indulgence!

Have you tried the regular hot chocolate drinks…or better yet, the mint hot chocolate drinks? To me they are as good as drinks from a Parisian cafe. Give them a try if you haven’t already!

Continue your fun escapades! Enjoy!

Eleanor Rigby

@Eleanor Rigby 14

I definitely swam out to it during the surf lesson.  I was scared beyond belief but I made an angry face and marched into the ocean pretending it was the start of a race.

I agree that a coffee drink in a ceramic cup is so much better, but I tend to not sit still much when I’m out and about and they won’t deliver the ceramic cups on Ocean Now.

We haven’t tried hot chocolate yet but we will!  

We were told they don’t have the syrup to make any of the mint chocolate drinks on board but I could ask and see if that’s changed.