UDP on 14 transatlantic cruise?

mcspliff

They do offer UDP on transatlantics. But they do have a cap, and will stop selling them once it is reached. Prices will vary, based on how many they've sold so far. Lowest price I saw for our 13 night transatlantic on Odyssey was listed price of 254; totaling 300 once they added gratuity. I also saw it listed for much higher later on. We were B2B with the cruise prior, so first onboard for the transatlantic. We went straight to Chops, and made reservations for every single dinner and all 8 sea day lunches. (You can make reservations at Chops for any of the specialty restaurants.) Would 100% do it again. I would recommend going straight to make reservations when you board; we were able to make them in person before the app allowed us to.

On 12/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, Tolkmit said:

They do offer UDP on transatlantics. But they do have a cap, and will stop selling them once it is reached. Prices will vary, based on how many they've sold so far. Lowest price I saw for our 13 night transatlantic on Odyssey was listed price of 254; totaling 300 once they added gratuity. I also saw it listed for much higher later on. We were B2B with the cruise prior, so first onboard for the transatlantic. We went straight to Chops, and made reservations for every single dinner and all 8 sea day lunches. (You can make reservations at Chops for any of the specialty restaurants.) Would 100% do it again. I would recommend going straight to make reservations when you board; we were able to make them in person before the app allowed us to.

I read this that you made a Chops reservation every single dinner and every single lunch and was like "that's dedication, especially with all the other good venues, 21 Chops in a row"

A lot depends on the ship and the venues available.  I don't eat sushi so Izumi is generally off the table for me.  Some Izumi offer hot rocks but if I wanted to cook my own food I'd stay home.  For a Q class ship that immediately reduces the value proposition for the UDP.  

Generally speaking UDP is a lot of food.  Most specialty lunches are very similar to dinner menus minus a few items.  So the same big meal experience.  When I have the UDP I'm often not hungry at dinner at all, even at 8pm, coming off the lunch time food coma. 

Chops has three entrees I usually enjoy but it's a lot of red meat.  That's okay on a shorter cruise but on a longer cruise?  I can't stand the chicken at Chops.  I tried it one UDP cruise so I know better.

14 nights of specialty dining makes it not so special.  It becomes the norm and the menu never changes.  Groundhog day.  

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

A lot depends on the ship and the venues available.  I don't eat sushi so Izumi is generally off the table for me.  Some Izumi offer hot rocks but if I wanted to cook my own food I'd stay home.  For a Q class ship that immediately reduces the value proposition for the UDP.  

Generally speaking UDP is a lot of food.  Most specialty lunches are very similar to dinner menus minus a few items.  So the same big meal experience.  When I have the UDP I'm often not hungry at dinner at all, even at 8pm, coming off the lunch time food coma. 

Chops has three entrees I usually enjoy but it's a lot of red meat.  That's okay on a shorter cruise but on a longer cruise?  I can't stand the chicken at Chops.  I tried it one UDP cruise so I know better.

14 nights of specialty dining makes it not so special.  It becomes the norm and the menu never changes.  Groundhog day.  

Agree. We did a 3night pkg on a 7 night cruise making it 5 dinners with the D+ bogo. Way too much food! Wish chops had a salad and shrimp cocktail for less money choice.