Stateroom Bidding Questions

trbarton

I noticed that an inside stateroom was cheaper than my studio & when my agent contacted NCL I was moved to an inside stateroom at no additional costs. 

I have bid for an upgrade, Ocean View or Balcony. I’ve kept a screen shot but when I check a few days it shows by bids cancelled. 

Here’s 2 photos showing my bid accepted & then showing no current bids & lots of cancelled ones. 

I’ve used chat & they suggested to make another bid. My latest bid was yesterday.

Does this have anything to do with NCL moving me into a inside stateroom?

I’ve also forwarded my screenshots to NCL. 

Interesting when I go to the bidding page it still has me in a studio stateroom.

Tom🤔

B158372C-A5BC-465E-9187-E07D1447DAB4.jpeg

71795805-3307-4E13-AF07-806E69E441E0.jpeg

Edited by trbarton

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

i think it is because since you were already upgraded, you do not get upgraded again. you only have 1 chance to get upgraded either by bidding or calling

This is not completely true.  We've called many times after final payment to move up to a new cabin and then after getting that new cabin been able to bid on another. 

It is true that if you WIN a bid, you will not be able to bid on another upgrade.

You need to start the bidding process all over with a link that has you in your new cabin.  Any prior bids to go up were linked to your original cabin as you mentioned

Call up the contact number at plusgrade or NCL.  This happened to us before and I think the NCL rep was able to reset something so the updated booking gets transmitted to Plusgrade (the 3rd party bidding company).  Within a day we had a new link to the bidding pages and were able to place new bids

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

i think it is because since you were already upgraded, you do not get upgraded again. you only have 1 chance to get upgraded either by bidding or calling

When did they start this? It hasn't been that way in the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

It is true that if you win a bid, you are not offered an opportunity to rebid.

If you upgrade by paying, that is like paying retail for the room and your bidding options will be resent with the new room as the base. We [too often] have done this (pay for a better room). 

Edited by BirdTravels

We did a paid upgrade (not a bid- changed our mind and paid to move to new room) and at first if you logged into bids it did as you described.  After about a day- when logging into app it said Let’s get you upgraded in a message- when clicking that the bids had changed and were now from the new stateroom.  We did not bid as we picked exactly what we want.