Pre register credit card ?

jinpasco

We have registered our CC but have seen stories that once in board it doesn't show up. Do you think it best to stand in line at the kiosk to double check ?

Also, is there  a way to check ( kiosk.or tv) your daily bill ? Trying to avoid standing in line at the service desk . Thank You

36 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

Do you think it best to stand in line at the kiosk to double check ?

You can use the kiosk but there is no rush. You can wait a day or 2 so there is no need to jump on the line when the line is long. 

37 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

Also, is there  a way to check ( kiosk.or tv) your daily bill ?

Yes. You can see charges on the TV but you might see some strange amounts until the last night when things should balance out correctly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You can use the kiosk but there is no rush. You can wait a day or 2 so there is no need to jump on the line when the line is long. 

Yes. You can see charges on the TV but you might see some strange amounts until the last night when things should balance out correctly. 

Thank you.  I thought the card has to be done as soon as you got on. Good to know

LOL, how strange are those amounts ???  We also.prepaid the gratuities . Our TA warned us they do things differently  and to try to get things in order prior to boarding. 

Would someone be kind enough to explain this credit card pre-registration process?

I've used a credit card to pay for the cruise fare and also to pre-pay for onboard things such as drinks, tours, etc. 

Does this not "register" my card for the cruise?

11 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Would someone be kind enough to explain this credit card pre-registration process?

I've used a credit card to pay for the cruise fare and also to pre-pay for onboard things such as drinks, tours, etc. 

Does this not "register" my card for the cruise?

No, you can use any card or cash to apply to your onboard account. Whatever card you used already isn't automatically applied to your onboard account. 

There is an option to set-up your card before the cruise but it doesn't always work correctly so people are encouraged to do it on the ship. Many other cruise lines register your card during the embarkation process but MSC does it on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jinpasco said:

Thank you.  I thought the card has to be done as soon as you got on. Good to know

You have two days to register your card once onboard via the kiosks dotted around the ship. You'll be given a smallish ($/£250 I think) value credit line in the meantime to make out of package purchases etc.

I registered on-line but fully expected it not to take. 

So on the second day I checked with our Concierge in the YC and I was shocked to see that it did, indeed, register.

So, if  you are not in the YC, you could pick a time at Guest Relations when the line isn't too long and ask there.