Dressing for March Caribbean Cruise on Oasis

I was wondering what the temp is like in the rooms. We will have a basic room with view (no balcony). Do the rooms get hot or cold? Is there any kind of individual room specific heat/air cooling? I was curious about if needed to pack long sleepwear or just go with shorts? Thanks in advance for any help.

Depends on where you will be cruising in March. If in the Caribbean, the weather down there is usually great (70-80's). Most ships have a thermostat in each room, so you can adjust it as needed. I always sleep hot, so just wear a light nightgown to bed. Hubby wears socks to bed! LOL! Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Depends on where you will be cruising in March. If in the Caribbean, the weather down there is usually great (70-80's). Most ships have a thermostat in each room, so you can adjust it as needed. I always sleep hot, so just wear a light nightgown to bed. Hubby wears socks to bed! LOL! Hope that helps!

What ship doesn't have a thermostat in your cabin?

3 hours ago, StickyWombat said:

Thank you for your responses. This will be our first cruise ever so just trying to get a feel for the lay of the land. We have both hot and cold sleepers so I just wanna be prepared.

I'm on oasis march 12. Maybe we cruise together? 

I just did the same ports and it was 81 to 85 in the 3 ports. Colder when we boarded and disembarked. We had some hard rain one morning, but it didnt last long. 

Your cabin will have a thermostat, though it seems easier to make some cabins comfortable than other cabins.  And some people experience the ship temperature differently than others.  On our last cruise young, athletic newbie cruisers from the Midwest told us (Florida retirees) that the ship was too cold all week; a rather funny reversal.  They regretted not bringing warmer clothes as they felt the ship was over air conditioned; you may want to consider that possibility as you pack

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StickyWombat said:

Thank you for your responses. This will be our first cruise ever so just trying to get a feel for the lay of the land. We have both hot and cold sleepers so I just wanna be prepared.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  Congratulations on cruising for the first time ever!  Since you're cruising to the Caribbean in March, the weather should be pretty warm, bring your shorts, sundresses, etc.  bathing suits...I always bring a sweater for the evening though..it always seems the ac is churned up in the dining rooms for dinner and in the theater, etc.  As others have said, you have a thermostat that you control in your cabin.  Have a great cruise!  I'll be cruising the Caribbean in March also.  What ship will you be on?