Why am I not On a Cruise

Goofyisme

As I sit here in 3 degree F weather with a windchill of -25 wonder why I am not sitting on a veranda watching the ocean go by.

The reasons are 2 fold.  One I am not recovered enough from surgery to be able to enjoy a cruise and two just wasn't able to find a cruise that fit my desires.

Oh well it is tough to have first world problems.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a great night.

• Like 4

Do the final stage of your recovery on a warm weather cruise.

Just consider it as a "floating rest hotel" (can't think of better terminology).

Don't plan any excursions.

Have room service as much as you wish.

Sit in the sun, or the shade, as preferred.

Make sure you have a balcony large enough for a lounger.

We had a cruise planned shortly after I somehow ended up with a torn rotator cuff which was horrendously painful, but I had meds to make it vaguely bearable.  My physician would have preferred to write a letter for a travel insurance claim, but he agreed that if I "took it easy" (the pain made anything else almost impossible anyway!), he'd be okay with it.

DH had to help me dress, cut some of my food for me, etc.

We cannot think of a better way to have spent that time!  🙂

GC

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

When our daughter was in college she got mono [don't all college kids?...] shortly before a BC Chorale trip to Puerto Rico.  The doctor told her that since she wasn't communicable anymore she should go and have a relaxing time in the warm weather.  She did, and recovered nicely.  So consider a Caribbean cruise to be pampered on – if you never leave the ship, it should be even better for your recovery than staying home!

• Like 3

I want to thank you all for your kind remarks and suggestions.  All are very much appreciated and demonstrate the kindness in the cruise family.

My biggest problem would be getting to the port.  I had 6 vertebra fused so flying is next to impossible unless I am complete doped up and driving is almost the same and I hate being so doped up.  The sins of a misspent youth topped by old age  lol.

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas, we did. Also wishing you a Happy New Year.  Filled with many wonderful cruises, trust us we will be out there.

Keith and Anne 

• Like 3