MSC Line questions

KarimaJ

On 12/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, Homosassa said:

Drink packages are not available on three night sailing from the US.  

I would not be surprised if drink packages are also not available on a four night US cruise during spring break.

I am on that sailing in yacht club along with my daughters family and we have the booze package included.

We have sailed this time before and am glad to be in YC as its a disaster otherwise. So many people last year but it's the only time with the kids.

Does the Free Drinks and Wifi include alcoholic drinks? It appears they have about 5 different drink packages. I can't figure out which one they are offering with that promotion. Not a big drinker, but I do like the idea of it being prepaid.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:47 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

That is so true. The "comfort" food that many are used to is not what MSC does. Too many people are accustomed to the processed stuff that passes for food that they have no idea of how bad their normal diet actually is. 

And thank goodness for that!  In recent years  on NCL my husband and I have suffered from swollen ankles on cruises, something that had never been an issue before, because of all the excess salt they use.  We were thrilled that it didn't happen on MSC!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, Nunagoras said:

As with anything MSC related: Their departments rarely have their act together. As far as I'm sort of an MSC cheerleader of sorts, I must admit their website is ugly. I also believe someone booking those today will be denied those drinks packages and refunded for that part if needed. Curiously the Portuguese website seems to have been updated very recently and reflects those new policies where applicable.

I'd hope not, as that was a factor in the booking I made (and why I went with them vs. an online TA).

3 nt - 4/27/23 Seaside

Tom

On 12/30/2022 at 1:14 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

I am on that sailing in yacht club along with my daughters family and we have the booze package included.

We have sailed this time before and am glad to be in YC as its a disaster otherwise. So many people last year but it's the only time with the kids.

YC has the drinks package by default at any cruise out there. The no booze policy on less than 5 days cruises only applies to "steerage".

39 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd hope not, as that was a factor in the booking I made (and why I went with them vs. an online TA).

3 nt - 4/27/23 Seaside

Tom

Seems that the US site is still not updated. Maybe they'll honor those purchases though.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:09 PM, cruzzza said:

Does the Free Drinks and Wifi include alcoholic drinks? It appears they have about 5 different drink packages. I can't figure out which one they are offering with that promotion. Not a big drinker, but I do like the idea of it being prepaid.

OK...looking at my upcoming bookings, I BELIEVE it is Easy Plus. 

Here's why I've come to that conclusion...

My Feb cruise does NOT include the drink package...and I can buy NA, Easy, Easy Plus or Easy Plus Premium. No other options.

My May cruise DOES include the drink package & while it shows those same 4 options it ALSO gives me the option to "Upgrade from Easy Plus to Premium"

HOPE SO

22 minutes ago, KKB said:

OK...looking at my upcoming bookings, I BELIEVE it is Easy Plus. 

Here's why I've come to that conclusion...

My Feb cruise does NOT include the drink package...and I can buy NA, Easy, Easy Plus or Easy Plus Premium. No other options.

My May cruise DOES include the drink package & while it shows those same 4 options it ALSO gives me the option to "Upgrade from Easy Plus to Premium"

HOPE SO

For some reason, since my booking last night, all that I see online (options/add-ons wise) are shore excursions, internet, spa... that's about it. Both the Beverages and Specialty Restaurants tabs return no results. Is this just part of the MSC website glitch? 

Tom

On 12/29/2022 at 4:34 PM, Homosassa said:

This is what I saw somewhere about the drink packages with that added statement about the decision based on dates, passenger demographics, and embarkation ports.

Do you happen to remember where you saw this? I’d like to go check it out. We just booked a 3 day to Ocean Cay over spring break with the drink package. We’re not huge drinkers but I would be sad if they canceled it.

19 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

For some reason, since my booking last night, all that I see online (options/add-ons wise) are shore excursions, internet, spa... that's about it. Both the Beverages and Specialty Restaurants tabs return no results. Is this just part of the MSC website glitch? 

Tom

Hi Tom,

That's part of MSC constant mess. It never ends.

That is why I always say use a TA.  Let them deal with the BS.

The phone reps may tell you one thing and once you get on, it may be a surprise.

I assume you are in yacht club from your past booking accommodations or at least I hope you are.

If so, you get the premium booze package included as well as 4 internet devices.

1 minute ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Hi Tom,

That's part of MSC constant mess. It never ends.

That is why I always say use a TA.  Let them deal with the BS.

The phone reps may tell you one thing and once you get on, it may be a surprise.

I assume you are in yacht club from your past booking accommodations or at least I hope you are.

If so, you get the premium booze package included as well as 4 internet devices.

Thanks

Yep, we almost always book suites - but I thought we might want to first try the "regular" experience on MSC. If it goes (mainly) well and we like it, you can bet we'll be back - and then do the "movin' on up" routine! We'll make a point not to compare apples to oranges, and will just mentally put ourselves back in the standard balcony we had over Christmas on the Liberty. Because, with Carnival, about the only additional thing you get when booking a suite is more elbow room, the cruise experience otherwise is pretty much identical. Having said that, our 4 Carnival sailings coming up this year are all in suites (3 of those being Excel, which is a bump up).

Tom