Onboard the Legend, Miami to Panama

schmidlapp

Boarded yesterday in Miami.

This is our first time on the Legend post stretching. 

Ship is in excellent condition and  with only 160 passengers sailing service has been "over the top" outstanding.  We weren't sure we'd like the new Star 

Bar arrangement. Its actually a great design.

We're skipping Key West  today due to high winds.

We ate at Cuadro 44 last night, enjoyed most everything. The pork belly is a must have dish, we ordered multiples.

In answer to questions about Star Grill, it's open today for both lunch and dinner. Looking forward to it as on my morning walk the aromas made my mouth water. Not sure it they will be open every day with the low passenger count. I'll report back.

I just disembarked from Legend yesterday.  So sorry you had to miss Key West.  We had to miss it on 12/17, too.  We also had to bypass Cozumel on 12/24 to 12/25 due to rough seas.  I always enjoy sea days so I didn't mind.  We also had rainy skies the last 3 days so here's wishing you lots of sunshine.  Yes, I ended up enjoying the Star Bar, too.  Great place to sit on couches and enjoy a drink in the evening.  

Tonight's menu in Amphora, 

Star grill closed this evening due to rain squalls. I think Amphora will be just fine!

Service is still excellent,  had a great lunch combo this afternoon, Star Grill beef ribs followed by Greek specialties in the veranda.

20221228_173729.jpg

On 12/28/2022 at 4:59 PM, schmidlapp said:

Tonight's menu in Amphora, 

Star grill closed this evening due to rain squalls. I think Amphora will be just fine!

Service is still excellent,  had a great lunch combo this afternoon, Star Grill beef ribs followed by Greek specialties in the veranda.

20221228_173729.jpg

Thank you for posting. We board in October.  First time on a Windstar ship so I will be following along here. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

• 2 months later...

We will be on Star Pride in January 2025, disembarking in 'Balboa/Fuente Amador'.  Windstar doesn't list any transportation to the airport – did they offer it on your cruise?  We expect to have a flight leaving PTY at 2:55pm.

Windstar will give you a disembarkation form about half way through the cruise and always provide an airport transportation option. The excursions listed on the website will be add ons  to the airport or hotel transportation option. Fuerte Amador is only about 20-30 minutes from the airport.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2023 at 1:01 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

We will be on Star Pride in January 2025, disembarking in 'Balboa/Fuente Amador'.  Windstar doesn't list any transportation to the airport – did they offer it on your cruise?  We expect to have a flight leaving PTY at 2:55pm.

Free shuttle to port entrance, taxis readily available, $30 to airport