Uber at the airport with a wheelchair

UndcvrNana

I will be traveling with a wheelchair for our cruise in April.  Do you think it is smart to see if I can get an Uber that has room for 2 bags and a wheelchair?  I was going to order a larger car or van.  Do you think do able with a cab?  Anyone experience this or seen this?  Anything you can tell me would be of help.  Thanks!

On 12/29/2022 at 3:14 AM, UndcvrNana said:

I will be traveling with a wheelchair for our cruise in April.  Do you think it is smart to see if I can get an Uber that has room for 2 bags and a wheelchair?  I was going to order a larger car or van.  Do you think do able with a cab?  Anyone experience this or seen this?  Anything you can tell me would be of help.  Thanks!

The tourist office will have all answers, give them a call

https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/visitors-information-tourism-offices/

to 

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2022 at 7:14 PM, UndcvrNana said:

The last time we were on the island Uber was not allowed at the airport.  There was taxi strike protesting Uber drivers.  It was a very ugly situation.   We too are cruising in April on B2B on the Voyager April 9-24..

25 minutes ago, Daycare Provider said:

The last time we were on the island Uber was not allowed at the airport.  There was taxi strike protesting Uber drivers.  It was a very ugly situation.   We too are cruising in April on B2B on the Voyager April 9-24..

Uber has been able to pick up passengers at SJU for several years...IIRC since late 2019.

50 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Uber has been able to pick up passengers at SJU for several years...IIRC since late 2019.

We were there in 2019 and we were denied...  the fights that broke out in front of us between taxi drivers and uber drivers was scary.  

13 minutes ago, Daycare Provider said:

We were there in 2019 and we were denied...  the fights that broke out in front of us between taxi drivers and uber drivers was scary.  

That's over and done with. I haven't heard about any recent problems.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Getting a taxi van from the taxi lineup at SJU is very easy..No need to pre-arrange this or assume that an Uber will be your only option.

I find the large taxi vans used in San Juan to be somewhat awkward to climb in to and out of not even having any mobility issues.  I would think that someone who needs a wheelchair might find using them difficult at best.