Quarantine question

traveldayz

Currently on the Majestic Australia/New Zealand, and in C19 isolation. We are being given very little information - if we ask a question, it gets a different reply depending on who answers from guest services.

How do we go about claiming a FCC for days in iso?

Can we get laundry done? If so is it in super hot water? I ask this because our laundry linen goes into biohazard bags is is probably treated separately.

I was in isolation on a cruise in October for 3 days.  

For the FCC, I waited about a month after I got home. Nothing from Princess.  I called, they said I had to file with the travel insurance (which I did purchase through Princess).  I have filed the claim, but have not received FCC yet.  AON states on their website that they are experiencing a high volume of claims.  Plus, it's the holidays so I'm sure they have a lot of people out.  I did also file for a prescription I was given (before they got a positive covid test).  I did receive back an email asking for some additional information as they are excess over my health insurance.  That at least tells me they have looked at the claim.

As for laundry, they gave me some soap if I wanted to wash anything in my cabin, but I could still send clothes out. They did state it would be washed in very hot water.  I wouldn't send anything that can't take the hotter water.  However, if you test negative before the end of your cruise, you could then send your clothes, and they would be washed as normal.  I tested positive early on in a 14-day cruise. I was only isolated for 3 days so I still had plenty of time to get my clothes washed.

Hope this helps!

Tammy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, traveldayz said:

Currently on the Majestic Australia/New Zealand, and in C19 isolation. We are being given very little information - if we ask a question, it gets a different reply depending on who answers from guest services.

How do we go about claiming a FCC for days in iso?

Can we get laundry done? If so is it in super hot water? I ask this because our laundry linen goes into biohazard bags is is probably treated separately.

I would call GS and ask for an officer in GS.  They should give you a letter that explains the procedures when you have covid.  Q & A.  You should have someone from GS that you can call for a question, not a new employee that guesses.  It may be ext 6000 to call for GS problems.

You should be able to call RS and order whatever you need to eat/drink.  Always tell them you’re in isolation when you call.  Do you have a table setup outside your cabin for RS delivery?

Laundry, yes they will probably wash in very hot water.  I’d wash in sink and send out later after isolation.  

Use your cabin steward, GS and RS to get whatever you need.

FCC?  Who knows?  The Crown told me that you don’t have to do anything, they will send a list in after the cruise and ithe FCC will go into our accounts.  Others, have said you have to file with PCL or the insurance?  The insurance is through PCL.  So what is the correct answer?  

I hope you recover quickly and get definitive answers.  Post if you do.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shepcookie said:

I was in isolation on a cruise in October for 3 days.  

For the FCC, I waited about a month after I got home. Nothing from Princess.  I called, they said I had to file with the travel insurance (which I did purchase through Princess).  I have filed the claim, but have not received FCC yet.  AON states on their website that they are experiencing a high volume of claims.  Plus, it's the holidays so I'm sure they have a lot of people out.  I did also file for a prescription I was given (before they got a positive covid test).  I did receive back an email asking for some additional information as they are excess over my health insurance.  That at least tells me they have looked at the claim.

As for laundry, they gave me some soap if I wanted to wash anything in my cabin, but I could still send clothes out. They did state it would be washed in very hot water.  I wouldn't send anything that can't take the hotter water.  However, if you test negative before the end of your cruise, you could then send your clothes, and they would be washed as normal.  I tested positive early on in a 14-day cruise. I was only isolated for 3 days so I still had plenty of time to get my clothes washed.

Hope this helps!

Tammy

How did you file with AON if it was PVP insurance?  I don’t have an AON policy number.  Just shows purchased platinum pvp insurance.
Was this claim just FCC, or did you have other expenses?

TIA

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

How did you file with AON if it was PVP insurance?  I don’t have an AON policy number.  Just shows purchased platinum pvp insurance.
Was this claim just FCC, or did you have other expenses?

TIA

sail date, ship, booking number to file AON claim ... as I remember

We were able to get the FCC’s right away. The issue came with reimbursement for Canadian required quarantine in Vancouver back in August. We basically had our PCP escalate it and in about a month we had our check

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

We were able to get the FCC’s right away. The issue came with reimbursement for Canadian required quarantine in Vancouver back in August. We basically had our PCP escalate it and in about a month we had our check

How did you get your FCC’s right away?

Did you have to request them? If so, with whom?

Seems like everyone has done something different.  No direction from PCL, except don’t worry, you’ll get them, you don’t have to do anything.

Hmmm

Okay…

@traveldayz- very sorry this happened to you.  I know that for cruises in the USA they have stopped paying FCC and folks need to rely on their travel insurance for reimbursement.

For Australia cruises it seems like they are still granting FCCs but they don't say how, at least in what I have access to in the USA.  I found the verbiage below through this link https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/au-cruises/

image.png.000e854e7bf7e047e7b5e8980d937147.png

As others have said you really need to get details from Guest Services, as difficult as that seems to be.

Sending good wishes your way and I hope you'll be able to enjoy some of your cruise.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hi @azbirdmom, I just checked the FAQ’s for America departures and it still says FCC’s will be given for missed days if quarantined. 

What made you think Princess has stopped giving FCC for USA departures if you are quarantined?

Because they completely changed the whole Cruise with Confidence language section to remove this option and instead now push insurance.  But I did look a bit further and saw language about a pro-rata portion due back to the guest if they are isolated.  It's worded differently than what is shown for Australia though.  Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Edited by azbirdmom