Apex - Help picking Sky Suite (S1) location

MarLieb

Hi everyone!  We are considering booking 2, side-by-side Sky Suites (S1) on the Apex and could use some help picking a location as we've never sailed this class of Celebrity ship before.  I am looking at Deck 9 and Deck 10.  I don't want to be anywhere near the Magic Carpet.  Is there a side of the ship you prefer?  Cabin set-up (I see some have single sofa beds, some doubles, some none).  Thank you for your thoughts!  

We were on Deck 10 closer to midship, with close to equal access to forward and aft elevators.  We didn't mind the walks.  You may find the deck plan helpful (or have already viewed).  The TV's are mounted on the same side of the cabin as the doorway.  So you can use that info if you have a preference in how you may sit and face the TV as the ship is moving.  The sofa bed setup is on the deckplan key, and probably doesn't matter unless you have a specific need.  You'll see the differences in the "look" of the cushions in various videos and still photos.

• Like 3

I recently booked a Sky Suite on the Ascent and picked 9163. The Beyond and Ascent differ slightly from the Edge and Apex. I choose that suite because it's on the bump out and close to the forward elevators. We were in an Edge Villa on the Beyond and found that we only used the aft elevator once while using the forward elevator often. 

• Like 2

Just be careful if you are doing rooms next to each other, some of the rooms have a firewall between them and you cannot connect the verandas. The firewalls can be located on the diagram of the ship, it is a thicker line when looking at the diagrams.

• Like 2

Just off Apex.  We booked a Magic Carpet suite cause the price differential was about $500. 

I was on the balcony twice when the Magic carpet went by.  It was kinda cool.  No one was on the MC,  hubby was in the room both times and he DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE.  It took about a minute for the MC to go by.  Our balcony was large and had no obstructed views.  The entrance to our room was through a hallway that had an interior room.  Meaning?  We didn’t hear room door slams at all because our room was inset,  I would totally book an S2 room again,  we were in the middle, and next time, I’d go for a room on either side that had the extra window on the balcony 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chilliano said:

Just off Apex.  We booked a Magic Carpet suite cause the price differential was about $500. 

I was on the balcony twice when the Magic carpet went by.  It was kinda cool.  No one was on the MC,  hubby was in the room both times and he DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE.  It took about a minute for the MC to go by.  Our balcony was large and had no obstructed views.  The entrance to our room was through a hallway that had an interior room.  Meaning?  We didn’t hear room door slams at all because our room was inset,  I would totally book an S2 room again,  we were in the middle, and next time, I’d go for a room on either side that had the extra window on the balcony 

Great to hear you enjoyed your room!

Here is another question - you mention your room was through a hallway with an interior room - were other staterooms connected to that hallway?  I'm just trying to figure out which two rooms would be best to book to be closest to each other either via this hallway or a connecting verandah.  Thank you!

23 hours ago, Cap_D said:

We were on Deck 10 closer to midship, with close to equal access to forward and aft elevators.  We didn't mind the walks.  You may find the deck plan helpful (or have already viewed).  The TV's are mounted on the same side of the cabin as the doorway.  So you can use that info if you have a preference in how you may sit and face the TV as the ship is moving.  The sofa bed setup is on the deckplan key, and probably doesn't matter unless you have a specific need.  You'll see the differences in the "look" of the cushions in various videos and still photos.

That's good to know about looking at the deck plan.  If the TV is same side as doorway.  So now how do we know if the tv is in front of the bed or the sofa?  It seems sometimes the bed is near the balcony side and sometimes the couch is near the balcony side.  Is there a way to tell that?  Is it odd/even room?  I usually have a tv in front of the sofa, but never sit and watch - Actually only turn it on in the morning to see the ship path or whatever - and like it in front of the bed.  

Edited by ehall

23 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We like being further forward on Deck 10 on the Port side of the ship. No MC to deal with and easy walk up to deck 12 for Luminae and Retreat lounge on deck 14.

That's super helpful - thank you!!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, MarLieb said:

Great to hear you enjoyed your room!

Here is another question - you mention your room was through a hallway with an interior room - were other staterooms connected to that hallway?  I'm just trying to figure out which two rooms would be best to book to be closest to each other either via this hallway or a connecting verandah.  Thank you!

image.png.c79e48b814fd8a6dce5aea393f121844.png

If you look at 10174 & 10168 you'll notice they can connect to the 2 middle S3 Sky Suites. The nice thing about this setup is if you book the sky suite and adjoining inside cabin for your kids, if they are under 21, they will get access to the Retreat amenities. 

We were actually in 10214 in Nov. no issues with the Magic Carpet. Personally we loved the location, and wasn't a problem getting to Luminae or The Retreat.

Another thing to keep in mind, some sky suites have a support pillar on the veranda about 8 inches from the railing which can be annoying. If you group the sky suites in groups of 4, the center 2 have the support beams (eg. 10214 & 10208 no post, 10212 & 10210 have the post). You can find pictures on CC that will show you which cabins have support posts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

If you look at 10174 & 10168 you'll notice they can connect to the 2 middle S3 Sky Suites. The nice thing about this setup is if you book the sky suite and adjoining inside cabin for your kids, if they are under 21, they will get access to the Retreat amenities. 

We were actually in 10214 in Nov. no issues with the Magic Carpet. Personally we loved the location, and wasn't a problem getting to Luminae or The Retreat.

Another thing to keep in mind, some sky suites have a support pillar on the veranda about 8 inches from the railing which can be annoying. If you group the sky suites in groups of 4, the center 2 have the support beams (eg. 10214 & 10208 no post, 10212 & 10210 have the post). You can find pictures on CC that will show you which cabins have support posts.

This is great info - thank you!

3 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

Suite 10172 has the long hall way and accessed by an interior room.  We were in this S3 last year and again in a few weeks.  Great room, large balcony.

• Like 1

If you were to choose two of the following cabins (need to be adjacent), what would be your preference (or is there little difference?).  Hoping to have connecting verandahs:

As the other poster noted, these two rooms allow for people traveling together-e.g., parents in the sky suite and kids in the interior room.  There was one interior room that shared the “mini corridor” with us.  We saw him ONCE.  We never heard him.  A plus is that we never heard any doors opening or shutting because we were inset from the main corridor.  

As far as the Magic Suite rooms goes, the two inside suites are what I will call “inset” with an inside room off to the side,  the two outside suites have a kind of “portal” window that adds something to the balcony,  for whatever reason, the door btw our balcony and the suite next door was open.  It needed to be locked from the other side, and it never was.  I put the little table next to the door to keep it shut,  I did, however, peak thru to the other balcony before we sailed and I saw it had a window— I knew it was there, so that’s why I wanted to check it out.  I liked it, and I’d consider that room in the future,

on another note.  I confess that my hubby and I grabbed the wrong envelop outside our door and inadvertently opened the door of the inside cabin—what did we know?  The inside cabin looked much nicer than I thought it would be.  Kinda like a small hotel room.  I probably wouldn’t hesitate to book an inside room on a ship that I knew to have a lot of outdoor spaces.  Even us, I DID spend time on our balcony, but hubby spent not a minute there….

On 1/1/2023 at 2:56 PM, MarLieb said:

If you were to choose two of the following cabins (need to be adjacent), what would be your preference (or is there little difference?).  Hoping to have connecting verandahs:

Honestly, chose a Magic Suite room.  I can say that the balconies of next rooms can be accessed.  Price is less.  I can’t speak as to whether the other Sky Suite balconies can be accessed btw rooms 

• Like 1