Anyone very knowledgeable re Singapore Hotels

I tried on the Port os Call but no one replied

I have the choice between 2 hotels and want to choose the once close to MRT station and ability to get taxies as we are mid 80's and walking not that well these days so not uphill I hope

The price difference has to be worth it so if anyone has knowledge I would appreciate it

Clan Hotel 10 Cross street 5*

Bliss Hotel  62 Upper Cross Street  3*  Chinatown

Thanks in advance for any recommendation   It is just for 4 nights  on the way to England

I stay at YMCA 1 Orchard Rd Singapore for convenience.  It has a swimming pool on the roof, good for cooling down from the constant heat and humidity.  I can get bus from airport to the door or the train to over the road.  Last cruise, I caught bus from door to cruise terminal.  The YWCA is nearby but not quite as convenient.  

• Like 1

I haven't stayed at either of your choices, though I wonder if it would be better for you to look in area around Raffles Place - there are several hotels there (including Raffles which is very expensive and although it is lovely, the Carlton over the road might suit better as a 4 star - have stayed there before and it is good). One thing is to be close to MRT as I have heard reports of some issues with taxis not taking credit cards or picking pax up for short trips - this may have changed. The MRT is very convenient and can take you most places - in air-conditioned comfort. Also check for places to eat around each hotel if you are not wanting to dine in house.

Clan Hotel is close to Telok Ayer MRT and Bliss is near Chinatown which has 2 lines so both are convenient for trains - maybe have a look at the MRT map to see if either is better for where you want to visit.(https://mrtmapsingapore.com)

I quite liked the look of Clan over the Bliss but nothing really to base that on and really both look fine for a short stay. It will be hot so perhaps minimise the time walking outside. Good luck.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

I have stayed at V lavender a couple of times in a superior room (the standard are too small)  but it’s ten years since last stay, it’s very convenient over the station and bus at the door,,great cold pool.

Cheers Carole

I know they are great but fully booked

• Like 1

Thanks for suggestions  I have a booking on the 2 hotels mentioned as all the others were either too expensive or not where we wanted   Just wanted to find someone who had used them to see if the extra money  ($700) was worth it

I don't know either of the two hotels you are looking at.

Singapore hotels are expensive. Anything under $180sg these days is likely as not to be a dump or poorly located.

I have travelled to Singapore almost annually for the last forty years.

A very reasonable hotel both in standard and (especially) location is the Grand Park City Hall in Coleman street. Very centrally located and 50 metres  from City Hall MRT.

Another is the Carlton, previously mentioned, about 300 m from City Hall MRT.

Both have restaurants and many eating outlets nearby.

Both are four star or thereabouts.

I doubt you will find much better for less than $260sg per night anywhere convenient and of quality in Singapore these days.

I last stayed in the Carlton in early November this year and found it quite satisfactory. for people your age, the Grand Park would be slightly easier to move about in the heat.

I've stayed at Bliss hotel twice. There's no pool, bar or restaurant but it was clean and comfortable. There's an entrance to Chinatown MRT right across the road in front of a large shopping centre where we went for breakfast. Reception called taxis for us and they pulled up right outside the door. Taxis are very reasonable in Singapore and it's not that far to the port from Chinatown.