What would you do? Need to decide quickly.

Linda W.

Offered to move up on the Silhouette 10 night.  Currently have an aft cabin C1 1676.  Offered to move-up to aqua class but then I would of course lose my aft cabin.  The move-up bid starts at $200 pp.  This is our 2nd leg of a b2b.  Need to decide today.  Thank you for your helpful opinions.

If you have the aft C1 for the first leg of the b2b, I would go for the AQ at only $200 PP. Especially if you haven’t been in AQ before. It’s well worth that amount for BLU and access to Persian Gardens. 

Please post what you decide to do and how it works out. 

Happy Sailing!

I just did my online check-in and checked they are still offering the move up.  The ONLY reason I would consider it is for the access for BLU.  I have only been on the Reflection and didn’t think the Persian Garden was worth it.   Gosh I am so torn.  Maybe I will just bid on the MINIMUM and if it’s meant to be that’s what it should be.  Already have the premium beverage package, will already be ON the ship and have 5 nights in specialty restaurants.  (Which of course I can change to a lesser package unless they allow me to go to Murano and the Lawn Club more than once).  

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

MoveUp doesn't mean they have any cabins to award.  Min bid most likely wouldn't get awarded at the last minute when there is a very limited or no supply.

I realize that but because I am having the MOST difficult time deciding I am just going to bid the minimum. 

I know I am in the minority on Cruise Critic on this matter, but food has low importance in the list of reasons I cruise. Perhaps because I traveled for business for many years and ate at restaurants so very much. I eat to live now, not live to eat. 

Blu holds no interest to me. 

To me, the beauty of  a B2B is not packing up in the middle. So, disrupting turn around day simply for access to a different restaurant would not even be a consideration.

Do let us know what you decide. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I know I am in the minority on Cruise Critic on this matter, but food has low importance in the list of reasons I cruise. Perhaps because I traveled for business for many years and ate at restaurants so very much. I eat to live now, not live to eat. 

Blu holds no interest to me. 

To me, the beauty of  a B2B is not packing up in the middle. So, disrupting turn around day simply for access to a different restaurant would not even be a consideration.

Do let us know what you decide. 

I put in a bid for the minimum and then I have CANCELED my bid!  I am so happy I canceled as yes, it is going to be awesome to not pack up in the middle AND my view is going to be fabulous!  I can’t find reviews on my stateroom (1676) but I am hopeful the long walk to get to it is worth it!  At least I will get my steps in!  Thank you ALL for your comments!  You have really helped me through my decision.  Can’t wait to go!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Linda W. said:

I put in a bid for the minimum and then I have CANCELED my bid!  I am so happy I canceled as yes, it is going to be awesome to not pack up in the middle AND my view is going to be fabulous!  I can’t find reviews on my stateroom (1676) but I am hopeful the long walk to get to it is worth it!  At least I will get my steps in!  Thank you ALL for your comments!  You have really helped me through my decision.  Can’t wait to go!

Your gut was telling you to stay put, but you were fighting it!  Your body was meant to move, so the more steps the better.  Enjoy!  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2