Enchanted Princess Review (They are BACK!)

k9hndler

22 minutes ago, violetli02 said:

We were told to talk to Capri.  After our embarkation lunch at Gigi's - it was around 12:30 pm, we headed to the main dining restaurant and was told Capri restaurant is responsible for taking these inquiries.  We put in our name and cabin number and was told we would be notified if we were "eligible" ... So nothing for the next few days, until the day before the actual dinner (it was 2 days before disembarkation) we were called and offered wine maker's dinner.  So we actually never registered for it but were offered as an alternative and were happy with it.  I imagine you can also call dining reservation and tell them you are interested in one of these events.

Awesome!  Thank you. 

3 hours ago, ustowas said:

k9hndler thank you for your thoughtful summary.  What was your experince with the shows in the theater?

While I’m not the OP, we were on the Enchanted over the holiday period and I have to say we LOVED the production shows! It was our first cruise since restart so perhaps we have been cruise deprived for a bit. Nonetheless, the Enchanted had Princesses’ newer production shows Rock Opera, 5 Skies and Spotlight Bar.  The dancing, set design, theatrics and singing were fantastic. I especially enjoyed 5 Skies as the plot line is quite different from standard Princess shows and the special effects were great. 

• Like 1

I went to all the shows except the last one (it was the piano singer in one of the bars), and liked most of them.  Cruise Director said Enchanted is the only ship with all 3 newest production shows, which were all great and at a level that cruise entertainment is expected to be.  The other nights are 3 singing performances, 1 stand up comedian, 1 holiday show (with many crew members performing), 1 mind reader show, and 1 comic show (not sure how to define that - I didn't like it although audience seemed to enjoy).  I'm sure the lineup will vary in different sailings but the main productions shows are probably always going to be there.  7:30 shows seem to have a larger audience than 9:30.

5 hours ago, violetli02 said:

I went to all the shows except the last one (it was the piano singer in one of the bars), and liked most of them.  Cruise Director said Enchanted is the only ship with all 3 newest production shows, which were all great and at a level that cruise entertainment is expected to be.  The other nights are 3 singing performances, 1 stand up comedian, 1 holiday show (with many crew members performing), 1 mind reader show, and 1 comic show (not sure how to define that - I didn't like it although audience seemed to enjoy).  I'm sure the lineup will vary in different sailings but the main productions shows are probably always going to be there.  7:30 shows seem to have a larger audience than 9:30.

Thanks for mentioning the other acts I neglected. I really enjoyed the holiday show with the crew! That’s always a good one. 

The comic / magic show was a bit hokey to me as well. I guess it made for some good laughs but wasn’t my cup of tea. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 1:21 PM, Fa-Li said:

Thanks, this is helpful for setting expectations.  Hubby just needs to be able to email for work.  I'm assuming, @MissP22, you are able to comment on cruisecritic from the ship wifi.  That is my barometer.  If I can see and post, he has enough to work.  

We were on the Enchanted for the New Years Eve cruise and I needed the internet for work too. It was barley passible in the cabin. I had to go the the area around the International Café to get some of my emails to download that had large attachments and some times had to wait until I was in port and use my phone as a hot spot to get one file I needed. But then I work with large files with a ton of graphics and used to very high speed internet both at work and home, so I was very frustrated. I told someone it was like the old days of dial up internet. I have heard that Princess is changing to Starlink which I hope is better. I have a year and a half before I am retired so having it for my next 2 cruises is important. I know people upload photos and post reviews on CC but I do not see how or they have a lot of patience. 

3 hours ago, KYBOB said:

We were on the Enchanted for the New Years Eve cruise and I needed the internet for work too. It was barley passible in the cabin. I had to go the the area around the International Café to get some of my emails to download that had large attachments and some times had to wait until I was in port and use my phone as a hot spot to get one file I needed. But then I work with large files with a ton of graphics and used to very high speed internet both at work and home, so I was very frustrated. I told someone it was like the old days of dial up internet. I have heard that Princess is changing to Starlink which I hope is better. I have a year and a half before I am retired so having it for my next 2 cruises is important. I know people upload photos and post reviews on CC but I do not see how or they have a lot of patience. 

Thanks for the update.  Good to know.  If I hear cussing, I will send the hubs down to the cafe area.  Fortunately, we have a lot of port days, so I imagine on those mornings his work phone can be his hotspot. 

It is disappointing that Princess did a bait and switch with their internet satellites.  We booked this cruise when it really was the fastest internet at sea and all reports were great.  Our next cruise is with RCI and good wifi was definitely a factor in that choice.  

4 hours ago, KYBOB said:

We were on the same cruise and I didn't find the download speed to be any faster by the IC then my cabin. It slowed down at around 6 AM everyday by the IC & when I returned back to my cabin with coffee it remained the same.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 7:33 AM, k9hndler said:
  1. "Coffee Bar.  The crew that runs the coffee bar are sometimes overwhelmed by crowds, and few people find the one on the Lido deck until later in the cruise. Still, they did a great job and produce a great product".

Trying to locate this coffee bar, k9h. Does it have its own name or is it embedded in the Buffet area? Pastry Shop, perhaps?