Enchanted Princess Review (They are BACK!)

k9hndler

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's poor. Just barely ok for email.

Don't count on downloading movies.

46 minutes ago, k9hndler said:

It was fair, but movies and streaming was very slow.  DOWNLOAD everything you can before you board.  

Thanks, this is helpful for setting expectations.  Hubby just needs to be able to email for work.  I'm assuming, @MissP22, you are able to comment on cruisecritic from the ship wifi.  That is my barometer.  If I can see and post, he has enough to work.  

1 hour ago, Fa-Li said:

Thanks, this is helpful for setting expectations.  Hubby just needs to be able to email for work.  I'm assuming, @MissP22, you are able to comment on cruisecritic from the ship wifi.  That is my barometer.  If I can see and post, he has enough to work.  

We are still on and in Tortola right now, Just did a speed test download is 1.97 mbps and upload is 2.16 mbps. 

Edited by PrincessDano

19 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

We are still on and in Tortola right now, Just did a speed test download is 1.97 mbps and upload is 2.16 mbps. 

Where are you located. I'm my cabin And its only 35 kbs download?

3 minutes ago, antsp said:

Great review, just a note. Evening turndown is now back as a standard service on Princess, the room steward is doing nothing extra for you. 

Not all ships.  Our steward told us no turn down and changes the sheets every 7 days.  Really?  This was on the Crown

28 night So Pacific.  Ended Dec 7.

Unless, of course, you ask for service more frequently.  😁

Maybe this year?

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not all ships.  Our steward told us no turn down and changes the sheets every 7 days.  Really?  This was on the Crown

Maybe this year?

I have been on 4 cruises in 2022 and had turndown service and fresh sheets regularly on all

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe this year?

I would not except that and ask for a supervisor 

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I have been on 4 cruises in 2022 and had turndown service and fresh sheets regularly on all

I know. I was surprised.  Our other 8 cruises, some said they do it on request, others just did it.  It really should be standardized across all ships.

I wonder if it’s just according to how many staff they have on that cruise.

He did refresh the towels and straighten up every evening anyway. He worked almost around the clock, only taking a few hours to sleep and eat. 🙁

So, was fine with us. 

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no, you ask for fresh ones, like I said. When you get a bad meal at the restaurant, do you send it back? Yes. Since you "paid" for these crepes, just ask for fresh ones instead of being passive aggressive.

you were very PA about it instead of just asking to cook them fresh, and you still are very PA in your post.  Ask and you shall receive. Ask nicely and you get a whole more niceties in return. Be PA and get the same attitude right back at you.

PA? What are we in Juinor High School? You have NO idea how I handled this situation  nor what kind of person I am in Gerneral.  But we ALL know what kind of person YOU are now.  Just change your name to KAREN and be done with it.  

By the way, the boards has a wonderful feature where you can see every thought a person has posted on these boards.  Do your research next time on me, I did on YOU KAREN.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I know. I was surprised.  Our other 8 cruises, some said they do it on request, others just did it.  It really should be standardized across all ships.

I wonder if it’s just according to how many staff they have on that cruise.

He did refresh the towels and straighten up every evening anyway. He worked almost around the clock, only taking a few hours to sleep and eat. 🙁

So, was fine with us. 

Yes, even though he had 18 cabins our steward would make up the pull down bead and freshen the cabins.  I think because they have a large amount of cabins Princess is trying to lighten their workload, but the reality is that everybody wants them to come in twice a day so they do anyway. In other words they just work harder which is why I tip more buried

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Great review, just a note. Evening turndown is now back as a standard service on Princess, the room steward is doing nothing extra for you. 

I hear you but I also saw him have 18 cabins to take care of, pre COVID they were more like 15 per person.  

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

That's really funny. 

That's where I am also.

Its a great location.  No noise from above or below, a few steps from the aft and middle elevator banks come close to the laundromat facility, and you get plenty of steps in to work off those extra desserts.

3 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

Email was no problem as was texting and even surfing the web.  I kept in touch with work in real time.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:41 AM, EllieinNJ said:

When we were on the Enchanted in November it took three days before any "beef" was on the menu.

Agreed, Steak was in short supply, but when it WAS on the menu, it was good.  Long ways from the Strip being on the Princess Favorites.  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 8:30 AM, isosika said:

Thanks for the post.  We are Enchanted next week for 10-day B2B.

Cheers.  Make sure you hit the Capri for lunch on occasion, ESPECIALLY for the pub lunch.  

12 hours ago, k9hndler said:

Its a great location.  No noise from above or below, a few steps from the aft and middle elevator banks come close to the laundromat facility, and you get plenty of steps in to work off those extra desserts.

Midship on all decks works for us but the internet speed on deck 11 isn't any better than other decks .

If you really need to download larger flies, early morning is the only option. 

Once people are awake the speed drops to kbs in a hurry.

We were on from December 9th through the 29th but was too lazy to write a review and thank you for doing quite a thorough job although I didn't experience some of the issues that you outlined. Never smelled MJ on Aloha and our AC cranked out great cold air. Our internet seemed better on the 2nd leg of the journey for some reason but understood that there were about 400+/- fewer passengers. I think ALL of the production shows were great (5 Skies a bit different but good) and if you get the chance to do the backstage tour; I highly recommend it. We saw Spotlight Bar twice and was happy that we sat down front for the 2nd showing! Hats off to a hard working staff. I agree that GS did a great job ~ shout out to Fong and Sandra for keeping our account clean as there were several instances of erroneous charges to our account. (Amused by the final one which was a food delivery from the Crown Grille while we were dining in Capri. Figure that one out...). Overall, we were very happy with the crew, the ship and the great production shows (and crew). Another shout out to Jody Miles (CD). Her energy is amazing! 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 7:34 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you for the great review.  And thank you for your service!

Did you notice if they had the wine makers dinner?

Was the crepe station during dinner time or later?

TIA

We did attend their wine makers dinner after being notified we didn't make the list of Chef's table (we were on 50th and they only had two tables for 24 people).  Food/Wine/Ambience of the wine maker dinner were all good - highly recommended. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, violetli02 said:

We did attend their wine makers dinner after being notified we didn't make the list of Chef's table (we were on 50th and they only had two tables for 24 people).  Food/Wine/Ambience of the wine maker dinner were all good - highly recommended. 

Who did you call to get on the list? Dine line or head waiter first night?

TIA

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Who did you call to get on the list? Dine line or head waiter first night?

TIA

We were told to talk to Capri.  After our embarkation lunch at Gigi's - it was around 12:30 pm, we headed to the main dining restaurant and was told Capri restaurant is responsible for taking these inquiries.  We put in our name and cabin number and was told we would be notified if we were "eligible" ... So nothing for the next few days, until the day before the actual dinner (it was 2 days before disembarkation) we were called and offered wine maker's dinner.  So we actually never registered for it but were offered as an alternative and were happy with it.  I imagine you can also call dining reservation and tell them you are interested in one of these events.