The big 3 eliminated turn down service for non-suites, will X follow? If you enjoy it, be sure you mention it on the survey

NutsAboutGolf

Just now, ShelleyQT said:

I hate the decorative pillows too!  I try to hide them but the steward always seems to find them and put them back.  Those things never get cleaned!

Rather than hide them, just ask the steward to not place them back on the bed, he/she will gladly leave them where you ask them to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

I hate the decorative pillows too!  I try to hide them but the steward always seems to find them and put them back.  Those things never get cleaned!

Next time I will leave a note that I don't want them back on the bed otherwise I'll put them in my suitcase until the last day. Who knows what bacteria is on them. Yuck!!! 

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Rather than hide them, just ask the steward to not place them back on the bed, he/she will gladly leave them where you ask them to.

Not my experience.   Supervisors do spot checks of  cabins, and anything not according to plan requires an explanation,  which attendants try to avoid. More senior attendants might have more confidence to do something not according to plan. 

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

You would think if you keep hiding them the steward would figure it out for himself. I never saw my cabin attendant on last cruise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Not my experience.   Supervisors do spot checks of  cabins, and anything not according to plan requires an explanation,  which attendants try to avoid. More senior attendants might have more confidence to do something not according to plan. 

Never knew that. Those decorative pillows are pretty dirty; would never put my head on them.  How would they even launder them?

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Never knew that. Those decorative pillows are pretty dirty; would never put my head on them.  How would they even launder them?

They could be dry cleaned.  But they probably aren't unless they are visibly awful. I agree with you. In the very old days Celebrity used bedspreads. Yuk. 

10 hours ago, JFontaine said:

They could be dry cleaned.  But they probably aren't unless they are visibly awful. I agree with you. In the very old days Celebrity used bedspreads. Yuk. 

I had a conversation with my DH about these last night he said if they're steam cleaned between guests probably fine but I doubt they are.  

I would miss the service of the bed not being turned down. My wife not so much. However, we are paying good money to cruise, and it is nice to be pampered. We should remember that it is not our room steward who has made this decision so be sure to tip your room steward as you would have before.

Mike and Sarah

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 123go cruise said:

I would miss the service of the bed not being turned down. My wife not so much. However, we are paying good money to cruise, and it is nice to be pampered. We should remember that it is not our room steward who has made this decision so be sure to tip your room steward as you would have before.

Mike and Sarah

With the rapid fire cutting of services and amenities, and once a day service, I may *only* tip my room steward on the next cruise. Reward the services received. From my wallet to their pocket. Celebrity doesn't need to be involved. If they are offended, they can restore all these services they've recently cut out.

We prefer the turn down service. We usually nap and shower before dinner, so coming back to a ready to sleep in cabin is awesome. We love the towel animals, even after 30 cruises. It helps us to connect to our room person. We love showing our appreciation at the end of the cruise. We feel very blessed to enjoy our cruises.