Comparing Norwegian and Celebrity to Royal Caribbean?

Love2Lounge

Happy New Year, we are past Royal Caribbean cruiser's and looking to cruise again in 2024. We would love to hear your thoughts on your experience on either Norwegian or Celebrity cruise lines and how it compares to the Royal experience.

We don’t sail ncl but we are diamond plus on rccl we love there entertainment, celebrity is more of a adult cruise, they don’t have things for children in general. Love celebrity suite perks, there new ships are amazing there is a private pool and outdoor bar , plus there regular suite lounge . 

1 hour ago, George C said:

We don’t sail ncl but we are diamond plus on rccl we love there entertainment, celebrity is more of a adult cruise, they don’t have things for children in general. Love celebrity suite perks, there new ships are amazing there is a private pool and outdoor bar , plus there regular suite lounge . 

Hi George, I haven't sailed with Celebrity in about 6 years.  Things must have changed. I just read a review on the Celebrity board that said there were somewhere between 500 and 700 kids on board😮

I sailed with them for about 14 years from 2003 till about 2017.  Maybe that review was over a holiday sailing and had LOTS of families on board.

On 1/2/2023 at 11:57 AM, Lois R said:

Hi George, I haven't sailed with Celebrity in about 6 years.  Things must have changed. I just read a review on the Celebrity board that said there were somewhere between 500 and 700 kids on board😮

I sailed with them for about 14 years from 2003 till about 2017.  Maybe that review was over a holiday sailing and had LOTS of families on board.

There was only a few children, less than 20 on our beyond cruise the week after thanksgiving , 5 weeks ago . Our July 4th 2021 cruise  On edge had some children not that many. 

So, I've sailed all 3... mostly RCCL. To me Celebrity is a touch more upscale from RCCL & NCL. RCCL is the most of the 3 geared more to family & kids. Was just on NCL Spirit Hawaiian Islands to French Polynesia.... ship was definitely adult oriented. Much depends on 1) length of cruise... longer=(older cruisers) less kids, 2) time of year (holiday) when kids are out of school, 3) Itinerary, 4) BIG ONE... Size of ship.. The new mega ships (which I personally hate) are geared to family and have EVERYTHING imaginable on board from go cart tracks to ice rinks and packed in like sardines. I personally prefer the ships under 100,000 tonnage. If I compared same size ship, same cruises, same time.... I would take Celebrity. It all depends on what you are looking for!!! We are mid 60's and tend to shy away from kids, big ships with all the bells and whistles and like 10plus day cruises. We just want quality service. As I started, we cruise mostly RCCL but pick and choose carefully what we want. Just my opinion here,  good luck!!

On 1/2/2023 at 8:34 AM, Love2Lounge said:

Happy New Year, we are past Royal Caribbean cruiser's and looking to cruise again in 2024. We would love to hear your thoughts on your experience on either Norwegian or Celebrity cruise lines and how it compares to the Royal experience.

I'm very familiar with all 3.  I recommend Celebrity.  The ships are gorgeous and mostly everything on board is a notch higher than Royal.  Royal still wins with entertainment though.  NCL is closer to RCI when it comes to entertainment.  

• Like 1

If the choice is NCL or Celebrity I think the latter will win you over. Celebrity is a terrific line with luxurious ships, top-notch service and excellent food. Since you are Royal Caribbean cruisers your loyalty level will transfer to Celebrity and present you with various perks like complementary drinks depending on your status. 

The Edge class ships of the Celebrity fleet are truly a cut above with streamlined, sophisticated technology and many inviting and appealing restaurants and public spaces. You will love Celebrity. Have a great cruise. 

Jonathan

On 1/5/2023 at 2:38 PM, Aquahound said:

I'm very familiar with all 3.  I recommend Celebrity.  The ships are gorgeous and mostly everything on board is a notch higher than Royal.  Royal still wins with entertainment though.  NCL is closer to RCI when it comes to entertainment.  

Thank you for taking the time to respond

On 1/5/2023 at 10:41 PM, cruiserking said:

If the choice is NCL or Celebrity I think the latter will win you over. Celebrity is a terrific line with luxurious ships, top-notch service and excellent food. Since you are Royal Caribbean cruisers your loyalty level will transfer to Celebrity and present you with various perks like complementary drinks depending on your status. 

The Edge class ships of the Celebrity fleet are truly a cut above with streamlined, sophisticated technology and many inviting and appealing restaurants and public spaces. You will love Celebrity. Have a great cruise. 

Jonathan

Thank you Jonathan for taking the time to respond

• Like 1