Taino Bay, DR, port schedule for Jan. 2023 has been posted

Turtles06

For anyone on an NCL ship scheduled to call at Puerto Plata in January 2023, the January port schedule for Taino Bay has finally been posted on the port's official site, here:

https://www.porttainobay.com/arrivals.php

We're on the Gem, scheduled to call at Puerto Plata on Jan. 31, and I'm happy to see us on this Taino Bay calendar (along with the Dawn that day).  I know this doesn't mean NCL won't skip this port call as it has been doing,  but we'll see . . . 

February 2023 has not been posted yet.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, zeroed said:

It’s showing Escape there on Jan 22nd but it doesn’t leave Canaveral until 4pm on the 21st. There’s no way to make it that far overnight on a cruise ship. 

Yup.  As with so many things, the port schedule must be wrong.  The Escape's itinerary shows Jan. 23 for Puerto Plata. 

(I've been reading the Jan. port calendar in Spanish  [Enero], but just noticed that Google's English language translation of that page shows that the NCL Exhaust will be calling at Taino Bay on Jan. 22.  😁)

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Agreed!  I hope folks with scheduled DR port calls will let us know what happens!

Amber Cove will be like stopping at Harvest Caye instead of GSC (and we know how that goes often, watching the Getaway this Thursday with her revised itinerary, skipping Bermuda as the overnight stop was cancelled per onboard announcement) - docked alongside the pier & just do the long walk on the waterfront ...  Still not sure if I'm changing the odds of "me" calling it from 50:50, haha 😄

Aren't you a B2B again this season to Panama & back, with 2 chances of GEM visiting DR - good luck too !  We'll post as I'm sure someone will be updating here, going to bookmark this thread for reference.  

7 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Aren't you a B2B again this season to Panama & back, with 2 chances of GEM visiting DR - good luck too ! 

Yes, B2B on Gem to Panama and back. 😊 (It’s actually our first B2B!) Second scheduled call to Puerto Plata is Feb. 14.  We also have Catalina Island in the DR on Feb. 1 (the day after the first scheduled PP call).  Hardly any ships seem to go there! NCL threw that in a few months ago when it eliminated Grand Turk and added Bermuda and San Juan on the first leg. 

• Like 1

Amber cove has the encore on January 10th as well as being in Taino Bay.  Also the escape is on the port schedule at Nassau on January 8th as well as Taino bay on the 9th.  Seems tricky to me. 

32 minutes ago, lfdemt said:

Amber cove has the encore on January 10th as well as being in Taino Bay.

I guess that will give NCL the option of using Amber Cove if it doesn't feel comfortable that day with Taino Bay.  🙂  (Sucks for pax planning, though.) 

35 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

... NCL the option of using Amber Cove if it doesn't feel comfortable that day with Taino Bay.  🙂  (Sucks for pax planning, though.) 

Although, we certainly don't want ships to get stranded on the sandbar at low tide while trying to leave the Bay.  

We have the option of not booking or planning anything and to just wing it later this month, our stop in DR is short, almost as bad as the recently announced changes for Old San Juan, PR.  If the Escape and the Encore are going elsewhere next week, then we'll know a little better, regardless of the official stories told by NCL.   Our stop is on Sunday, 1/29 and no ships listed at all at Amber Cove - kind of odd & strange, as being a Carnival owned facility, local vendors & shore-based local folks aren't just going to show up to sell when they see nothing for that calendar day.  

On 1/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, Turtles06 said:

Agreed!  I hope folks with scheduled DR port calls will let us know what happens!

NCL just today finally, officially has our new itinerary for the 1-8-2023 cruise.... DR has been dropped and we have three sea days home

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Laszlo said:

NCL just today finally, officially has our new itinerary for the 1-8-2023 cruise.... DR has been dropped and we have three sea days home

Hmmm....NCL posted that officially? Because several sites have the 1/8 ship going to Nassau - and not 3 days at sea. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Hmmm....NCL posted that officially? Because several sites have the 1/8 ship going to Nassau - and not 3 days at sea. 

It's on NCL's website.

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/12-day-caribbean-round-trip-new-york-barbados-and-puerto-rico-GETAWAY12NYCSJUBASSLUBGIANUSTTNYC?sailMonths=4294934052&ships=4294959434&numberOfGuests=4294953449&sortBy=featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultpage&itineraryCode=GETAWAY12NYCSJUBASSLUBGIANUSTTNYC

Why would you believe a third party website when @Laszlo, a passenger on the cruise, has posted the revised itinerary provided to him by NCL?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Because NCL routinely BS's their customers when it comes to port stops by not sharing pertinent information when they need to cancel or adjust a port. I don't trust NCL when it comes to this particular issue-even when it is posted. 

• Haha 1

Just now, asmit4 said:

Because NCL routinely BS's their customers when it comes to port stops by not sharing pertinent information when they need to cancel or adjust a port. I don't trust NCL when it comes to this particular issue-even when it is posted. 

Did you read @Laszlo's post, made just  a few hours ago? It says " NCL just today finally, officially has our new itinerary for the 1-8-2023 cruise" .

Did you bother to look on ncl.com to see that the itinerary matched the one that @Laszlo posted?

Why would you assume that unnamed third party website showing a different itinerary would be correct when NCL just released the revision today and that revision released to passengers was identical to the itinerary on the website?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Yes.... Today they finally changed it on their website and when I check our account it was changed on there. About a week ago, some people got an email about the change and some like myself did not. However I did get SIX emails in three days reminding me to watch the safety video LOL

What website is showing we go to Nassau?

This is what I see when I log into my account

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 9.05.27 PM.png

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

I think they might be getting cruises mixed up.  The Escape is scheduled to port in Nassau on Sunday instead of Puerta Plata on Monday but they are on the Taino Bay schedule for Monday as well as the Nassau port schedule for Sunday.  Maybe that is where the confusion is 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I ask again where do you see this?

I haven’t seen it anywhere but need to know because if we are going to Nassau we will try to get to the Atlantis and it would be really helpful to have some advance notice to plan that out (there’s a nearby hotel that’s cheaper than a shore excursion to book).  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lfdemt said:

I think they might be getting cruises mixed up.  The Escape is scheduled to port in Nassau on Sunday instead of Puerta Plata on Monday but they are on the Taino Bay schedule for Monday as well as the Nassau port schedule for Sunday.  Maybe that is where the confusion is 

Yes, sorry--I was referring to the Escape- both are Jan 8th cruises so I got them mixed up. Sad that you guys are stuck with 3 sea days. Nassau isn't great but it's at least something. 

• Like 1