Select Dining vs Open?

northwoods2

I am confused.  It has been a While since I was on Celebrity when it was traditional or Any Time dining.

we have 2 reservations for a cruise that are linked. But one says Select Dining and the other says Open dining.

the select dining says dining time is already selected.  On the open I can choose times.  I thought Select was where you choose the time.

Following, and also have another related question please,

I was making reservations for dinner and at the end of it I had to agree to a $ 10 PP per day if we were no shows to the dining room for our reservation.  Is this new? i have encountered this on previous cruises.

All of Celebrity's dining is referred to as Select Dining. You select from 3 options. Anytime, Early, or Late.

Dine on your time with Celebrity Select Dining. Choose whether you’d like to dine early, late or enjoy flexibility with anytime dining. Take in a show before dinner one evening and after dinner the next. The choice is yours.

1 hour ago, music said:

Following, and also have another related question please,

I was making reservations for dinner and at the end of it I had to agree to a $ 10 PP per day if we were no shows to the dining room for our reservation.  Is this new? i have encountered this on previous cruises.

It has been there for awhile and applied to the specialty restaurants.