UK users - Amex card offer £350 off £1000 spend

ziggyuk

Sorry, I’m being really thick. How does this work?  I have an Amex card. Haven’t got an NCL cruise booked yet.  How do I ‘save the offer’?    Can I just put a credit on my NCL account for £1k and then get £350 back?  

Edit: so I’ve found the offer on my Amex card and saved it.  Guess I just need to book a cruise before end of March! 

Edited by Misself

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Good spot.

Timing is great, as we don’t have anything due to NCL for a while, but will just have to make a payment on account. Still £700 off is very handy. 🙂

Can you do this rather than booking a specific cruise?   

5 hours ago, Misself said:

Can you do this rather than booking a specific cruise?   

Yes, it covers any payment direct to NCL over £1,000. Last time I got the offer for both of us my paying off our upcoming cruise (timing was better then as final payment was due whilst the offer was on).

I can’t recall how you make part payments. We were able to do it online though.

Edited by KeithJenner

Anyone found any bargain cruises to use this on? We've both got the offer saved to our cards, so that would be £700 back on a £2k spend, which isn't to be sniffed at!

Interesting that they've bettered the offer (albeit you have to spend more in one go). We did very well with the previous offers of £100 back on £500 spend, it came about twice during the payment cycle of our last cruise and we ended up saving £500 in total.

22 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I dont see why not, I bought a load on my cruise 3 weeks ago as it's a fantastic exchage rate, we just took it out as cash on the last day.
If you save the deal you have until 31/03/23 to use it. Im booking a 2024 cruise and will probably just put down £1000 early (each we both have Amex) just to take advantage of this offer.

I'm gutted as I did final payment on 24/12, I knew this offer would come out as soon as we had to pay.

We have just paid for two cruises final payments in the last two weeks( b2 b)I have saved the offer to both our cards in case we book a future cruise on board in Feb/ March! It’s a good offer if booking direct.

5 minutes ago, di T said:

We have just paid for two cruises final payments in the last two weeks( b2 b)I have saved the offer to both our cards in case we book a future cruise on board in Feb/ March! It’s a good offer if booking direct.

We have just paid one too, typical isn't it....

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

We have just paid one too, typical isn't it....

Would of been good to of had this offer a month ago, haven’t been on Norwegian for about six years.But decided to book a few different brands for this year if the b2b goes well will likely book a future cruise with them, do you know if there is any benefit on booking while on board? We have Oceania for the first time in June and our usual go to line Celebrity in September. Dianne

3 minutes ago, di T said:

Would of been good to of had this offer a month ago, haven’t been on Norwegian for about six years.But decided to book a few different brands for this year if the b2b goes well will likely book a future cruise with them, do you know if there is any benefit on booking while on board? We have Oceania for the first time in June and our usual go to line Celebrity in September. Dianne

The only benefit to booking onboard is a better cabin for no extra cost.
You stay in the same type of cabin....the way it works is you can pay for the lowest cost balcony and they give you a better balcony in better location (eg higher floor) for no extra cost.

I am based in UK, got 2 cruises to be paid in June and not an Amex customer.  But from reading this thread I can apply for card plus companion card and then pay £1k each towards my cruise before the cut off date and save £700 in total??  I have to get better at looking for deals as that is a big saving!!  Can someone confirm I am right please thanks 

Hi, this is a great offer. l cannot use towards cruise itself as we have already paid in full but I’m wondering if I can use it towards shore excursions? Does anyone know if this would qualify (if over £1000) I’ve saved the offer to my Amex just in case 

thanks in advance 

12 hours ago, steel1203 said:

Can someone confirm I am right please thanks 

In theory yes but the restriction you might have is that the offer is open to the first 10,000 customers that save it to their account only - so depending on how long the application process takes and your account is up and running, you may not be offered the deal.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, laudergayle said:

Nice…I hope this offer shows up in the US soon.  We took advantage of this 2x last year…a nice $700 savings on a cruise we had already booked.

I see it for Celebrity (spend $1000 get $350) but, alas, not NCL yet.  I've been hesitating to put payments on my cruise hoping this will come back.

14 hours ago, steel1203 said:

I am based in UK, got 2 cruises to be paid in June and not an Amex customer.  But from reading this thread I can apply for card plus companion card and then pay £1k each towards my cruise before the cut off date and save £700 in total??  I have to get better at looking for deals as that is a big saving!!  Can someone confirm I am right please thanks 

You could try but I would not hold out too much hope.
My experience is that a new card holder gets mostly new offers and very few existing offer, you might get lucky and certainly it would have you prepared for the next one. We both got the offer on our free platinum cashback cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emma179 said:

Hi, this is a great offer. l cannot use towards cruise itself as we have already paid in full but I’m wondering if I can use it towards shore excursions? Does anyone know if this would qualify (if over £1000) I’ve saved the offer to my Amex just in case 

thanks in advance 

As long as a +£1000 charge is made to your card from NCL UK it should not matter what it is from other reports.

• Thanks 1

Often, in my experience, NCL split transactions up when you are purchasing add ins (I.e. a different charge for individual excursions).

If so then this could fall foul of the stated requirement that the £1,000 is done in one transaction. However, that is a requirement that often isn’t actually followed by Amex.

So, I think that you would get the credit if purchasing shore excursions, but it isn’t guaranteed and if the cash back didn’t happen (which is sometimes the case even if everything is fine) and you had to make a claim then you could find it is rejected because of the T&Cs.

I’d certainly give it a go if you are going to be spending that money anyway.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, steel1203 said:

In theory yes. However, in practice, it tends to be a month or so before any offers are added to your card (I never used to find this, but over the last couple of years this has definitely been the case). So, you'll need to apply for the card, keep an eye on your card, and then hope that in 3-4 weeks that it is one of the offers that will be added.

I also don't know if the offer has been made available on all the Amex cards. Mine is an Amex gold preferred rewards card, and it's on there. Previously (last year) when they ran offers, we also had it on our BA Premium Amex card (this is a paid for card, which we do in order to earn a companion voucher). I have no idea whether it's been made available on other types of Amex cards or not.

• Like 1

Well, we've taken the plunge and booked a cruise!

Used husband's card to pay £1000 online, he's already had the email from Amex to say the offer has been used.

Once he's had the credit, we'll look at paying the other £1000 on my card.

Then, if we're really really lucky, another offer might come around before we have to pay the balance in August!

On 1/5/2023 at 3:34 AM, phillygwm said:

I see it for Celebrity (spend $1000 get $350) but, alas, not NCL yet.  I've been hesitating to put payments on my cruise hoping this will come back.

Same. I have it for Celebrity too. I hope to see the NCL one come back on  soon but I don't think it's likely because it was recently on from what I've been told