UK users - Amex card offer £350 off £1000 spend

ziggyuk

54 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Heads up for UK users

This is the third time we have had this in the UK.
Save the offer ASAP.

image.png.ee6a2ea8cee459fe980b740a0a07e1c6.png

Hmmm. Any merit in buying £1k of refundable OBC I wonder?

Annoyingly my TA (despite being an American firm!) doesn't accept Amex for deposit or final payments - I am an Avios/companion voucher collector and this restriction severley limits my ability to do so!

1 minute ago, Captain-John said:

Hmmm. Any merit in buying £1k of refundable OBC I wonder?

Annoyingly my TA (despite being an American firm!) doesn't accept Amex for deposit or final payments - I am an Avios/companion voucher collector and this restriction severley limits my ability to do so!

I dont see why not, I bought a load on my cruise 3 weeks ago as it's a fantastic exchage rate, we just took it out as cash on the last day.
If you save the deal you have until 31/03/23 to use it. Im booking a 2024 cruise and will probably just put down £1000 early (each we both have Amex) just to take advantage of this offer.

I'm gutted as I did final payment on 24/12, I knew this offer would come out as soon as we had to pay.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Nice…I hope this offer shows up in the US soon.  We took advantage of this 2x last year…a nice $700 savings on a cruise we had already booked.

You just had it in October for use by 31 December I belive, there was a thread on here about it, I have been keeping my fingers crossed since the US offer came out.

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

You just had it in October for use by 31 December I belive, there was a thread on here about it, I have been keeping my fingers crossed since the US offer came out.

Yes, we used that on two different cards…but I want it again…lol

• Haha 1

Thanks, need to do the sums as even £700 back between the two of us may be less of a discount than we get with our TA (if we make a new booking) hence trying to think of creative ways to spend £1k with NCL directly, outside making a booking.

But agreed, a very good offer.

18 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Thanks, need to do the sums as even £700 back between the two of us may be less of a discount than we get with our TA (if we make a new booking) hence trying to think of creative ways to spend £1k with NCL directly, outside making a booking.

But agreed, a very good offer.

In the US booking excursions come through as a NCL charge and have worked to trigger the card spend.  Also Pre-paying DSC also works.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DensolandMouthy said:

Im a UK Amex member and I have saved this deal down. 
Im about to make final payment on a transatlantic from NY

what does “Journeys departing from UK mean?” 
only sailings out of UK ? 

43078CFE-FA2E-4066-BB82-3D3835200020.jpeg

It always says that, not sure what it means but it does not matter. As long as the payment goes through NCL UK you will be fine. People have even reported paying over the phone as opposed to online and it still working.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

It always says that, not sure what it means but it does not matter. As long as the payment goes through NCL UK you will be fine. People have even reported paying over the phone as opposed to online and it still working.

Oh fantastic !!!

great spot - thank you very much for posting ! 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Good spot.

Timing is great, as we don’t have anything due to NCL for a while, but will just have to make a payment on account. Still £700 off is very handy. 🙂

Isn't it just.
I'm going to have to make a booking to take advantage 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just called to double check and apparently both the primary and supplementary cardholder will get the benefit if each individual has saved to their respective account. I had wondered if it was only for the primary cardholder but seems not. So £700 rebate between two (under the one Amex account).

The reason I don't currently have an account in my name is for bonus sign up purposes (need to let two years elapse before eligble again),

14 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

I just called to double check and apparently both the primary and supplementary cardholder will get the benefit if each individual has saved to their respective account. I had wondered if it was only for the primary cardholder but seems not. So £700 rebate between two (under the one Amex account).

The reason I don't currently have an account in my name is for bonus sign up purposes (need to let two years elapse before eligble again),

I can confirm that it works for supplementary cards. Done it many times in the past (including the days when we had four cards between us - my wife is currently on a two year break). 4x cash back was always especially good. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Muckyduckway said:

Is this on the standard Amex card? We dropped our Amex a few years ago because so many places didn't accept them here. Might have to re-apply!

We have a BA Amex which was initially the Premium Plus (black) card but in the last few months we downgraded to the basic because we had earned our companion voucher - and the offer has appeared for us even with the basic (Blue) card. Limited to the first 10k who save it to their account - not sure how quickly the allocation will be taken up.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for posting this. 

Myself and partner have both been able to add it. 

We have a 14 night Viking cruise this April (can not wait) but lost all our NCL cruise nexts what with one thing and another so lovely to have something towards our next NCL. 

It is also great to read about other UK Avios collectors. BA Platinum Plus as main cards but waiting to apply for Barcleycard avios card, had Goldfish cards for decades but had to cancel to get sign up bonus but will be great to have card to use in places that don’t take Amex. 

1 hour ago, amelia3171 said:

Barcleycard avios card

Yes I pay all my crusies on the Barclaycard Mastercard (and was lucky enough to get a 50k signup bonus in the early days). I've earned a cabin upgrade voucher but have no idea how to use it, and think I need to earn another one anyway to get a complete return trip (as the voucher does 1 person return or 2 people 1 way).

We have booked Celebrity Millenium for Japan next year and hoping to use a significant chunk of our saved Avios for a redemption - although I'll be waiting until midnight GMT and calling the overseas call centres in order to improve my chances!

Edited by Captain-John

4 hours ago, Captain-John said:

We have a BA Amex which was initially the Premium Plus (black) card but in the last few months we downgraded to the basic because we had earned our companion voucher - and the offer has appeared for us even with the basic (Blue) card. Limited to the first 10k who save it to their account - not sure how quickly the allocation will be taken up.

That's good to know - looks like we will be reacquainting ourselves with Amex!

Interesting to note…while we’re in the US, we only get NCL Amex offers on our Non-affiliate cards (non-airlines, non-hotels).  In the US, the Amex EveryDay card is $0 annual fee and you collect Amex Membership Miles.  This is where I have  found the  NCL offers.  On our multiple Amex Delta cards…zip, never NCL offers. Don’t know how this translates outside the US.

Edited by laudergayle

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I dont see why not, I bought a load on my cruise 3 weeks ago as it's a fantastic exchage rate, we just took it out as cash on the last day.
I

Thanks ziggy.  As UK cruisers would be buying US$ OBC, would any unused credit also be given as a US $ cash refund?

Just now, rosebuds said:

Thanks ziggy.  As UK cruisers would be buying US$ OBC, would any unused credit also be given as a US $ cash refund?

Yes, my OBC was paid in cash (US$), in my case it was only $400 though.