Do we need a passport?

JEN5508

19 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Where in the US can I find 1000 year old history or even 500 year old?  

Petrographs in the U.S. Desert like Arizona and NM.  Mammoth bones in the caves in many states.  And last but not least, me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Petrographs in the U.S. Desert like Arizona and NM.  Mammoth bones in the caves in many states.  And last but not least, me!

Forgot to mention:  La Brea in Los Angles, CA.  

30 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

There are Pueblas in Colorado and Arizona that I have been in.

91CBCF4F-8744-460D-BFB0-0C3AFCC93FEE.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Where in the US can I find 1000 year old history or even 500 year old?  

To add to the historical sites others have listed:

Remnants of the mound builders that are found from Florida up through the eat coast and central portion of the state.

Fossil hunting at Calvert Cliffs State Park in Maryland or other fossil sites through out the US.

Impact craters in Arizona and the large one known as the Gulf of Mexico.

The list can go on....

Not bad suggestions, but those are all mostly remnants.  Seems we in the USA demolish anything older than 100 years.  How about any working churches or fully restored locations like, St Peters or any number of castles in Europe.  Fossils and craters in the deserts are cool, but there's nothing like Pompei or Domo.  Don't get me wrong I love road trips around the US, but it's much different than road trips in Europe.  Sort of like Bourbon and Whiskey, both are good just different.   

On 1/4/2023 at 9:16 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Nope, one can travel to MULTIPLE places in the US, never get on a plane, and have wonderful vacations.  There's nothing REALLY "special" about other countries that requires anyone to go (for vacation).   And I say this as someone who has been out of the country.  Were the trips nice?  Yes.  Did I see some "neat" things?  Sure.  Could I have seen "neat" things in the US?  Absolutely.  Would my life be any "less" if I didn't get to go?  Nope.

in a way I understand that you mean.  I watch some You Tube guys post from N Zealand yesterday and well those fjords are not any nicer than Norway which is closer for me in east coast. 

And there are areas in Iceland that remind me of Yellowstone Park with the geysers.

And of course, going to Utah and Arizona is very beautiful and that is why those places attract a lot of Europeans. Europe never put aside lands like we did (thanks Teddy R).

I do think that visiting other countries for their quaint towns and beautiful cathedrals are worth it.  Also, to taste foods and see their history.  For me the British Isles, Norway and Switzerland is the most appealing.

I know for me I would like to see Japan, but no thanks to China.  I would like to see Greece, but no thanks to Egypt or Israel.   Comes down to comfort level.

But in conclusion, USA has so many places to visit and best to see as much as you can especially all the historical places on East Coast. And of course, Alaska and/or Hawaii. and all the national parks as well as Presidental libraries.   toodles

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Not bad suggestions, but those are all mostly remnants.  Seems we in the USA demolish anything older than 100 years.  How about any working churches or fully restored locations like, St Peters or any number of castles in Europe.  Fossils and craters in the deserts are cool, but there's nothing like Pompei or Domo.  Don't get me wrong I love road trips around the US, but it's much different than road trips in Europe.  Sort of like Bourbon and Whiskey, both are good just different.   

aw but a lot of Europe has been rebuilt after WWII and also Europe has their ruins as well.

I agree Pompei is amazing to see but I feel like Athens has too many ruins lying around even if historical.