FCC Purchase Date

TMLAalum

A Heads Up (although this has likely been discussed previously on this forum)!

I didn't know that a cruise booked using the Future Cruise Certificate cannot be transferred to a TA unless the future cruise is booked within 30 days of the date the FCC was bought! 

Booked a cruise on 12/8 and submitted my request to transfer the booking yesterday. Immediately the email response came from Celebrity denying the transfer because the booking was more than 30 days past. I'd never noticed that the date of booking on our reservation was not December 8th but September 12th, the date the FCC was purchased on an Alaska Millennium cruise!

31 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

A Heads Up (although this has likely been discussed previously on this forum)!

I didn't know that a cruise booked using the Future Cruise Certificate cannot be transferred to a TA unless the future cruise is booked within 30 days of the date the FCC was bought! 

Booked a cruise on 12/8 and submitted my request to transfer the booking yesterday. Immediately the email response came from Celebrity denying the transfer because the booking was more than 30 days past. I'd never noticed that the date of booking on our reservation was not December 8th but September 12th, the date the FCC was purchased on an Alaska Millennium cruise!

Yea, that’s how they handle all direct booking transfer requests 

We had our Future Cruise Certificate assigned directly to our TA.  Once home we booked a place holder cruise since the sailings we were interested in were not yet available. 
When those booking recently opened up the TA transferred us to the cruise we wanted.