Boarding time changed

Jay Bee

I posted this on the cruise roll call but didn't get a response so I'll try a wider audience. It happens to be an Allure sailing later this month.

Has anyone else gotten an email from Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts telling them to arrive one hour later than their previously selected boarding time?  Also that sailaway is at 5 instead of 4?

Apparently, emails like this have been sent before so I thought it was legit, but today our docs came in and sailing time is listed as 4. Sailing time on the cruise listing on the website remains at 4. My app still indicates our originally selected time. 

Just now, Jay Bee said:

I posted this on the cruise roll call but didn't get a response so I'll try a wider audience. It happens to be an Allure sailing later this month.

Has anyone else gotten an email from Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts telling them to arrive one hour later than their previously selected boarding time?  Also that sailaway is at 5 instead of 4?

Apparently, emails like this have been sent before so I thought it was legit, but today our docs came in and sailing time is listed as 4. Sailing time on the cruise listing on the website remains at 4. My app still indicates our originally selected time. 

Call RC or whoever you booked with to verify the possible change. 

3 hours ago, Jay Bee said:

Yes we received the email and it's legit. The IT department is notorious for dropping the ball on contemporaneous updates.

Revised Time.jpg

We checked in last week right at midnight the first day check in opened for our upcoming Allure cruise and the earliest time available was 11am.  Of course, I’m only guessing that many didn’t check in ahead of us. Perhaps they have made the hour later a permanent change now? 

• Thanks 1

@Jay Bee see my review in my signature on a recent sailing on Allure.  We got the exact same thing.  You'll also get a text a couple days out asking you to follow the email (one hour later arrival) vs. the time on documentation.

Our boarding time was pushed from 10 to 11 and we were onboard by 11:10, walking right on.  We were underway just after 5.

• Thanks 1

They have been pushing back Allure boarding times by a hour because the last group disembarks at 10:30. They are still working on port side disembarkation with getting luggage out quicker. They have been making progress.

That said, they said to arrive a hour later and I still arrive during my original 30 minute window(11:00-11:30) and was able to quickly walk through everything and on to the shop in less than 10 minutes.

This was also our experience with Allure on Friday (having received the same email). We arrived at 12:30 and the place was an absolute zoo (IMO). We were in a suite so luckily we were able to go right in but maybe they're still working out some of the kinks with this new terminal...which is beautiful BTW!