Celebrity MoveUp

lpmom

The MoveUp area on the website is the one that won’t let me modify my bid.  I’ve sent 3 emails asking my question so maybe someone will respond. Just wanted to put a higher bid in case that helps. 

1 minute ago, lpmom said:

The MoveUp area on the website is the one that won’t let me modify my bid.  I’ve sent 3 emails asking my question so maybe someone will respond. Just wanted to put a higher bid in case that helps. 

Generally, if modify is frozen (and may say pending) you're in the running for a move up.

• Like 3

I’m in a similar situation.  We bid, but now when I go back to cancel or modify it won’t let me do anything.  (I have tried via the website and directly from the email I received confirming the bid.)  we sail in 6 days.  Thoughts?

20 hours ago, Jskates9 said:

I’m in a similar situation.  We bid, but now when I go back to cancel or modify it won’t let me do anything.  (I have tried via the website and directly from the email I received confirming the bid.)  we sail in 6 days.  Thoughts?

This happened to us too. Two days later we were told our MoveUp was successful. Good luck!!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m familiar with the Move Up section of the website, but I’ve never noticed an area on the app. 

Sorry I didn’t read that carefully enough. I haven’t looked for, nor noticed that either.  I was just excited that I knew an answer that might help. 🤪

• 3 months later...

I'm not quite understanding the "no additional amenities part of this process".  When you are in the move up section of the app, and you are reading through the different suite options where it's asking you to bid, on the celebrity suite for example, it has perks that you will have included a premium drinks package, unlimited complimentary access to specialty restaurants, free fitness classes etc. The slider to bid is literally right under these bullet points. So if you bid and win, do you get these things or not? 

I understand you don't get the extra points or any extra OBC.  But surely you get the basic perks that come with the room?

3 hours ago, Jezz09 said:

I'm not quite understanding the "no additional amenities part of this process".  When you are in the move up section of the app, and you are reading through the different suite options where it's asking you to bid, on the celebrity suite for example, it has perks that you will have included a premium drinks package, unlimited complimentary access to specialty restaurants, free fitness classes etc. The slider to bid is literally right under these bullet points. So if you bid and win, do you get these things or not? 

I understand you don't get the extra points or any extra OBC.  But surely you get the basic perks that come with the room?

You (Celebrity does not help clarify) are mixing up perks and amenities.  You also seem to be mixing up categories of suites and even cruise lines. You get the perks associated with your original cabin.  If you booked a cruise only rate, you do not get the AI perks.  A Celebrity Suite does not come with free Speciality dining.  A royal Suite and above (including the Reflection’s Signature suite) includes unlimited Speciality dining as it is an amenity of that class of cabin.  

I wonder if your reference to fitness classes is about Princess’s Premier package?

All celebrity suites do not include the same amenities as some of the higher level suites include additional items.  You can review the details on Celebrity’s website under each category.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

You (Celebrity does not help clarify) are mixing up perks and amenities.  You also seem to be mixing up categories of suites and even cruise lines. You get the perks associated with your original cabin.  If you booked a cruise only rate, you do not get the AI perks.  A Celebrity Suite does not come with free Speciality dining.  A royal Suite and above (including the Reflection’s Signature suite) includes unlimited Speciality dining as it is an amenity of that class of cabin.  

I wonder if your reference to fitness classes is about Princess’s Premier package?

All celebrity suites do not include the same amenities as some of the higher level suites include additional items.  You can review the details on Celebrity’s website under each category.

Good luck.

Appreciate the reply thanks. However, please see the screenshot that I took of the advertisement encouraging me to bid on an upgrade for my upcoming cruise.  This is for the celebrity suite.  This is the exact things they are claiming are on offer with the sliding bar to set your bid directly below.  Hence my questions, do you get these things or not?

Screenshot_20230513-091903.png

6 hours ago, Jezz09 said:

Appreciate the reply thanks. However, please see the screenshot that I took of the advertisement encouraging me to bid on an upgrade for my upcoming cruise.  This is for the celebrity suite.  This is the exact things they are claiming are on offer with the sliding bar to set your bid directly below.  Hence my questions, do you get these things or not?

I guess with the Royal Suite and above it does include premium drinks and so forth as part of that upper suite. 

1 minute ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I guess with the Royal Suite and above it does include premium drinks and so forth as part of that upper suite. 

Ok, but this is specifically in the descriptor of the celebrity suite.  I've checked aquaclass suites, sky suites and they are different.  They do not say premium drinks, unlimited wifi, unlimited specialty dining.  It clearly says here for the celebrity suite that you do.  When this is literally connected to the tab where you bid to upgrade, I think they would have to honour it or else it would border in false advertising 

I was looking at the Move Up price for a Celebrity Suite on the Silhouette, and it says the suite has a 'Private, spacious balcony with hot tub'  ..... but i'm fairly sure there is no hot tub on those balconies.

11 hours ago, Jezz09 said:

What does it say on the page before this information?  The category of Celebrity Suite does not include unlimited Speciality Dining, but some higher level suites do.

Also the Celebrity website clearly says this related to the Perks normally included with all suites.

IMG_0775.png

Edited by jagoffee

Has anyone ever been successful with these bids?  I just bid today to go from Sky Suite to a Royal...what are our chances of this upgrade?  It was half price for the bids and it's my 50th birthday cruise, the husband is on his way to Singapore so I'm spending money spoiling us!!!  🤣😂

16 minutes ago, HWC_Mom said:

Has anyone ever been successful with these bids?  I just bid today to go from Sky Suite to a Royal...what are our chances of this upgrade?  It was half price for the bids and it's my 50th birthday cruise, the husband is on his way to Singapore so I'm spending money spoiling us!!!  🤣😂

Yes. We were successful last summer with the same Move Up as you (Sky Suite to Royal Suite). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

What does it say on the page before this information?  The category of Celebrity Suite does not include unlimited Speciality Dining, but some higher level suites do.

Also the Celebrity website clearly says this related to the Perks normally included with all suites.

IMG_0775.png

I mean they can say that on the website all they like, but when it clearly states, in the very place where you adjust your bid amount that this is what you're bidding on, then I think you'd have a very good case to argue false advertising.  So what you're saying really is that all you're getting is a bigger cabin?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jezz09 said:

I mean they can say that on the website all they like, but when it clearly states, in the very place where you adjust your bid amount that this is what you're bidding on, then I think you'd have a very good case to argue false advertising.  So what you're saying really is that all you're getting is a bigger cabin?

What category is your current booking?  If you already have a Sky Suite with all the associated perks and amenities, then yes a much bigger cabin is what you get extra. 

If you are currently in a non suite, you get a bigger cabin and balcony, use of the Retreat Lounge, Retreat Sun Deck, Luminae, priority boarding at any time, etc.

Can you send a screen shot  of the link that you clicked on to give the information that you posted.  It might clear up the confusion.  The information that you posted does not  clearly say that all Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites get unlimited Speciality dining.  Perhaps it is referencing a Royal Suite or some other category.  

I cannot help to wonder if this description is not what you are assuming.  I did not receive this offer, so I cannot say for sure.

it would be very surprising if Celebrity was running a special that included free unlimited Speciality dining formSky Suites or Celebrity Suite.

Edited by jagoffee

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

What category is your current booking?  If you already have a Sky Suite with all the associated perks and amenities, then yes a much bigger cabin is what you get extra. 

If you are currently in a non suite, you get a bigger cabin and balcony, use of the Retreat Lounge, Retreat Sun Deck, Luminae, priority boarding at any time, etc.

Can you send a screen shot  of the link that you clicked on to give the information that you posted.  It might clear up the confusion.  The information that you posted does not  clearly say that all Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites get unlimited Speciality dining.  Perhaps it is referencing a Royal Suite or some other category.  

I cannot help to wonder if this description is not what you are assuming.  I did not receive this offer, so I cannot say for sure.

it would be very surprising if Celebrity was running a special that included free unlimited Speciality dining formSky Suites or Celebrity Suite.

Sorry I thought I was clear from my screenshot that this was labelled as celebrity suite.  It's clearer in this one. 

Also, to be clear, the other suites in this offer have different bullet points, they're not all one blurb been thrown under every option.  See also the blurb under the aqua sky suite, it isn't the same, this stuff isn't included with that room.

Screenshot_20230513-214603.png

Screenshot_20230514-154249.png

Edited by Jezz09
  • Like 1

We too have seen the celebrity suite advertised on the move up page with premium drinks and hot tub on balcony. I assumed this must be a mistake. It would be a shame to bid a higher amount thinking that is what you are bidding for and then find out that the info is inaccurate. 

IMG_5101.png

2 minutes ago, madmedic said:

Cancel move up offer

So I clicked on "continue" and it appears that I made a minimum bid by mistake 😕. Was only curious to see the t&C's. How do I cancel it? 

If you haven’t put in your card details then the bid won’t have been accepted. If it has gone through then there will be a cancel/modify button. 

6 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

If you haven’t put in your card details then the bid won’t have been accepted. If it has gone through then there will be a cancel/modify button. 

No I didn't enter my credit card. Thanks,  it doesn't appear to have gone through then. There's no option to cancel or modify.  It doesn't appeal to me at all.

On 5/13/2023 at 10:18 AM, Jezz09 said:

From what I read you get these.  I'd you're upgrading from a regular room to the Retreat because it's all inclusive you get the drink package, etc. But I thought there might be something about a top up payment but I might have read that somewhere else pertaining to something all together different. 

So from like a verandah cabin or concierge class up to Retreat you'd get those perks.  From say a celebrity or sky suite to royal suite you wouldn't get the added perks like free laundry service (this is the one I'm looking at doing and this is my understanding)