House Select Beveridge Package

Ocean Mouse

15 hours ago, pinotlover said:

It is effective at all dining venues. It is available for room service. However, I believe it is only available during normal dining hours.

So I can't sit in my room and order a hamburger and beer every 30 minutes? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ORV said:

Though if you want to save money, you could order the hamburger, avoid the alcohol package/order, and just drink all the beer, hard liquor and wine you bring aboard at embarkation and at the ports. 😉 

35 minutes ago, ORV said:

😂. In sincerity, I believe Room service will bring you the hamburger and up to two beers in that original delivery. Then you’ll have to call room service again for any further orders and go in the que for that order. 

We just booked our first O cruise for 2025 and took the beverage package O-Life option. Wondering how extensive the beer and wine by the glass list is? Is it the same list you would get if we upgraded to the Prestige BP?  On Viking Ocean the included beer and wine with meals are very low end, poorer quality selections and to get better wines you have to upgrade to their Silver spirts package.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We just booked our first O cruise for 2025 and took the beverage package O-Life option. Wondering how extensive the beer and wine by the glass list is? Is it the same list you would get if we upgraded to the Elite DP?  On Viking Ocean the included beer and wine with meals are very low end, poorer quality selections and to get better wines you have to upgrade to their Silver spirts package.

Not sure  what Elite DP  is?

RobJames has posted menus on this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904150-riviera-new-bar-drinks-menus-and-prices/#comment-64587870

what will be on the list in 2025   who knows

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

Yes, I did, and I just make the typo change, hard to keep all the cruise line beverage package names straight. 😄

it is  the same list for wine by the glass & beers  what the Prestige package gives you is other bar drinks any time  they are open

the House  select is  with meals only  & just wine by the glass/beer/Champagne by the glass

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

it is  the same list for wine by the glass & beers  what the Prestige package gives you is other bar drinks any time  they are open

the House  select is  with meals only  & just wine by the glass/beer/Champagne by the glass

Thank you, that list posted by RobJames has some good wine by the glass selections and would be all we need for our lunch and dinners. Viking has IMO a very limited selection in their included wines and beers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Thank you, that list posted by RobJames has some good wine by the glass selections and would be all we need for our lunch and dinners. Viking has IMO a very limited selection in their included wines and beers

3 wines which we have found quite useful are:

Wente Vineyards Southern Hills Cab Sauv- Livermore Valley - California (Red)

Villa Maria Sauv Blanc- Marlborough - New Zealand - (White)

Poesie Soave Classico DOC - Veneto Italy (white) This last one we love as it is one of the few that goes well with salads

Just suggestions 

We don’t like over oaked wines and ABC

• Like 3

Here is a copy of the email we received.

Someone can correct me, but what Riviera seems to be doing is shutting down the engines in the middle of the night and bobbing along without power. is this is a new tactic? The result is sufficient difference in motion to wake us. As well slamming noises are heard as waves hit the hull at undesirable angles. This might carry on for a couple of hours with brief bursts of power to correct the direction. Not impressed.

Do cruise lines pay port charges by the hour? If not why not stick at port rather than drift?

image.thumb.png.384f095e7dda9d3a67a70bc426448d69.png

7 hours ago, Robjame said:

Someone can correct me, but what Riviera seems to be doing is shutting down the engines in the middle of the night and bobbing along without power. is this is a new tactic? The result is sufficient difference in motion to wake us. As well slamming noises are heard as waves hit the hull at undesirable angles. This might carry on for a couple of hours with brief bursts of power to correct the direction. Not impressed.

Do cruise lines pay port charges by the hour? If not why not stick at port rather than drift?

Yes  they pay by the hour / tonnage /number of bodies onboard  plus other factors

They have always seemed to shut things off in the night A.C  for one

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robjame said:

image.thumb.png.384f095e7dda9d3a67a70bc426448d69.png

From a post on a different O thread - apparently port fees are extremely expensive, making it cheaper to stay at sea vs dock. Port fees are normally charged "per foot", "per hour". It's about cost, not carbon. 🍺🥌

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CurlerRob said:

From a post on a different O thread - apparently port fees are extremely expensive, making it cheaper to stay at sea vs dock. Port fees are normally charged "per foot", "per hour". It's about cost, not carbon.

Thanks Rob. I will put this in the file - It’s not about green but BS baffles brains.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

From a post on a different O thread - apparently port fees are extremely expensive, making it cheaper to stay at sea vs dock. Port fees are normally charged "per foot", "per hour". It's about cost, not carbon. 🍺🥌

So they are blowing more smoke about not blowing more smoke? Shocking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

Can you purchase the Prestige Package with OBC (on board credit)?

Are you asking about pre cruise with SBC, or onboard with SBC?  I don't know whether the Prestige package can be purchased with SBC, but generally SBC can be used to pay for anything charged to account while onboard.

41 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

Can you also pay for specialty restaurants with OBC?

There is no charge for specialty restaurants.

59 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

Can you purchase the Prestige Package with OBC (on board credit)?

Can you also pay for specialty restaurants with OBC?

I believe you can

Only pay for  dining venues are Privee & La Reserve  on the O class ships

Vista has Privee