“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

1 hour ago, pyffii said:

Kings Park is truly stunning and glad that you got to visit there as well as Freo….pity you didn’t get the chance to watch a REAL football match 😝😝

No no. REAL football is Association Football of course 😀

• Like 2

Yeah, since we’re lucky enough to home-base in Hawaii we’re blessed with sunshine almost all the time, so don't feel a particular need to seek it out.  It was pretty hot in Central/South America, and has been pretty cold some of the last week or so in Oz, so I suppose sun-chair-competition varies greatly.  Haven’t noticed any chair-hogging, but haven’t really been looking. 

Meanwhile…..the First Mate ordered (*shudder*) beets tonight.  Rumors of divorce proceedings are in the air.  (along with the odor of beets).  😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Keller’s rib dinner at the Colonnade tonight.  Ribs are tasty, although I’m one of those people who bristles at the “fall off the bone” description.  For me, ribs should still have a slight “tug”, at least that’s how we do it.  But the starting salad…..I just don't get it.  We love dinner at the TKG and go as often as we can reserve, but the opening salad for the Colonnade rib dinner is a leaf/stalk of romaine, with some sliced radishes and small cubed (*ahem*) BEETS 🤮, and a tasteless dressing that it is infused with some sort of vague green food coloring, to allow it to be called “Green Goddess”.  OK, Keller-salad-defenders, have at it, tell me why I’m wrong.

EFD90830-3CB0-4F57-A1A2-2CB305EB5AD9.thumb.jpeg.7ee48fd2abbec53244377bfcac07357e.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Please can we have Beet free boards.

To Quote the famous and now very deceased Michael Jackson......."Just Beet It!"

Meantime I Love the damn things!! Especially the ones in the salad bar at my local Dallas "institution" Dunston's Steak House !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iramack said:

Meantime I Love the damn things!! Especially the ones in the salad bar at my local Dallas "institution" Dunston's Steak House !!

Very strange 😁

2 hours ago, iramack said:

I've been enjoying the humor, but also must take serious offense at the beet hatred I am detecting on this thread! Having grown up with the last name almost identical to beet, just one letter off and getting referred to as beatnik, perhaps you can understand.

Also, I grew up eons ago on a nearly self sustaining farm in fly over country in the US and one of many staples were beets. we had pickled, boiled and harvard beets. If they are so awful, how the heck did they get a name for a preparation named for such a venerable institution?? 

So glad Seabourn is taking me back to my roots! More beets please............

Edited by tjcox9
  • Haha 1

What is this newfound interest in 'beets'  by the ship's chefs about?  Never remember seeing them on any menu on any ship a few years ago.  Are they the new superfood, maybe?  If so it is hard luck for the majority who hate them.

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

What is this newfound interest in 'beets'  by the ship's chefs about?  Never remember seeing them on any menu on any ship a few years ago.  Are they the new superfood, maybe?  If so it is hard luck for the majority who hate them.

I've been wondering the same thing.  I don't recall seeing beets on SB either.  They do seem to be a popular item in many restaurant salads lately.  Such a shame.  

35 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It's because they are cheap.

• Like 1

(hee hee hee). My diabolical plan is working.  Once I get the both the proletariat and the bourgeoisie worked up about beets, my movement steathily shifts to a horizontal revolutionary action against Brussels sprouts.  They are, after all, the only two known foodstuffs obviously & directly attributable to Satan.  Mrs Sharkbait really didn't like the Brussels sprouts at TKG tonight.  One battle at a time.  Eaters of the world, unite!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2