Back to Back wine allocation?

cruisingteachers4

17 minutes ago, bnurick said:

They should hold 4, but when you carry them on through security I’ve never been asked any questions or had anyone count. Either way you should be fine.

Off the beaten path question. I am sailing with my two teenage kids coming up. Do they care about the age of the passengers being the wine on? Can we each bring on two even though they won't drink them? Does anyone have a link to the T&C regarding this policy?

43 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

Off the beaten path question. I am sailing with my two teenage kids coming up. Do they care about the age of the passengers being the wine on? Can we each bring on two even though they won't drink them? Does anyone have a link to the T&C regarding this policy?

Yes they care.  Your teens will not be able to bring on wine.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisingteachers4 said:

First Celebrity cruise, I know that each person can bring on 2 bottles of wine on a 7 day cruise. We don't have the drink package, so I just wanted to clarify if this means we can bring on 8 bottles total for a B2B?  That seems crazy!!! Thank you for the 411!!  

I agree that it is likely they will hold half of the bottles and return them the last evening of the first cruise.  B2B's are treated in almost all ways as completely separate cruises.  The only exceptions I can think of is that if you have the same cabin you just leave your stuff there, and you can remain on the ship while they prepare for the next cruise.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

he only exceptions I can think of is that if you have the same cabin you just leave your stuff there, and you can remain on the ship while they prepare for the next cruise.

We have only done B2B from US Ports and Canada.  We have been required to leave the ship and wait until the ship reached it's zero count before being allowed back on board.  This has been the case whether we were in the same room or not. 

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We have only done B2B from US Ports and Canada.  We have been required to leave the ship and wait until the ship reached it's zero count before being allowed back on board.  This has been the case whether we were in the same room or not. 

You're correct.  I should have been more clear.  I should have said after you have cleared customs on land (which doesn't happen until the ship is cleared) you can get back onboard whether actual boarding time has started or not.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Los_Pepes said:

I bring 4 bottles each time in one package, and I never get asked anything, not once.  Just my experience.  So, if you have two packs of four, you might not get asked any questions if you have one and your spouse has the other.  If they take inventory, they will just hold 4. Usually, their focus is fining liquor bottles and other prohibited items.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bnurick said:

I bring 4 bottles each time in one package, and I never get asked anything, not once.  Just my experience.  So, if you have two packs of four, you might not get asked any questions if you have one and your spouse has the other.  If they take inventory, they will just hold 4. Usually, their focus is fining liquor bottles and other prohibited items.

If you have the drink package there is no corkage fee but is there still a limit of 2 bottles per person?

We have B2B2B2B this coming winter (we have the premium beverage package for all of them) and were thinking of bringing a case of better wine with us because even with the premium the offerings are pretty limited.

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

If you have the drink package there is no corkage fee but is there still a limit of 2 bottles per person?

We have B2B2B2B this coming winter (we have the premium beverage package for all of them) and were thinking of bringing a case of better wine with us because even with the premium the offerings are pretty limited.

Yes, two per person per sailing. Highly recommend bringing your own if you like certain wines. Their inventory is very unreliable. I usually buy 3 bottles on day one to make sure I get what I want before they run out. If you have a case, once you board ask to speak to the Cellar Master and create a plan with them.

Edited by bnurick
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

Yes, two per person per sailing. Highly recommend bringing your own if you like certain wines. Their inventory is very unreliable. I usually buy 3 bottles in day one to make sure I get what I want before they run out. If you have a case, once you board ask to speak to the Cellar Master and create a plan with them.

So they will take away all but 4 bottles and we'll have no idea how they'll be stored or when we'll get them back???

1 minute ago, chamima said:

So they will take away all but 4 bottles and we'll have no idea how they'll be stored or when we'll get them back???

Essentially, but they will tell you when you would get them back, at the end of each sailing. But I think given your situation and planning the Cellar Master would simply store the wines for you and coordinate when you wanted them. I have given them all four with a note what nights I wanted which and the Cellar Master decanted them before we arrived.  It’s making that connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Essentially, but they will tell you when you would get them back, at the end of each sailing. But I think given your situation and planning the Cellar Master would simply store the wines for you and coordinate when you wanted them. I have given them all four with a note what nights I wanted which and the Cellar Master decanted them before we arrived.  It’s making that connection.

Thanks. We're in Blu so connecting to the sommelier will be easy.

• Like 1