Celebrity Beyond - Main Dining Questions - HELP

Canada17

We are long time Celebrity cruisers, but this will be our first cruise on an Edge class ship. We are on a b2b on Beyond starting Feb12 and are looking for help/info on the Main dining rooms. We understand the 4 themed restaurants and how the menus work, specifically that every restaurant has an exclusive menu that stays the same throughout the cruise, plus the “regular daily Celebrity menu” which changes daily, plus the Celebrity Classics menu (the latter 2 are available at all 4 themed dining rooms.

We are confirmed to have Select Early Seating, soooooo….does that mean Celebrity has confirmed seating for us at 1 of the themed restaurants for all 7 days of our cruise or have they seated us at a different themed dining room each day. And if Celebrity has seated us at 1 dining room for the whole cruise, how do we make changes so that we get to experience each of the themed restaurants??? HELP!

PS - tried calling Celebrity direct, but the people answering do not even understand how the themed dining rooms work or that they even exist on Beyond!

3 minutes ago, Canada17 said:

We are long time Celebrity cruisers, but this will be our first cruise on an Edge class ship. We are on a b2b on Beyond starting Feb12 and are looking for help/info on the Main dining rooms. We understand the 4 themed restaurants and how the menus work, specifically that every restaurant has an exclusive menu that stays the same throughout the cruise, plus the “regular daily Celebrity menu” which changes daily, plus the Celebrity Classics menu (the latter 2 are available at all 4 themed dining rooms.

We are confirmed to have Select Early Seating, soooooo….does that mean Celebrity has confirmed seating for us at 1 of the themed restaurants for all 7 days of our cruise or have they seated us at a different themed dining room each day. And if Celebrity has seated us at 1 dining room for the whole cruise, how do we make changes so that we get to experience each of the themed restaurants??? HELP!

PS - tried calling Celebrity direct, but the people answering do not even understand how the themed dining rooms work or that they even exist on Beyond!

Yikes, I'd not go into HELP mode quite yet, you can easily resolve this on the ship, just check with any one of the MDR's and they will easily asssist.

All anytime dining now on the Beyond  and it’s even reported all E class ships.  
You do not need reservations just go to any of the dining rooms when you are ready to dine.  If you would like to make reservation you can do that in the Cruise Planner, under dining go the very end and you will the 4 MDRs listed.

Edited by jelayne
Correction
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You do not need reservations just go to any of the dining rooms when you are ready to dine.  If you would like to make reservation you can do that in the Cruise Planner, under dining go the very end and you will the 4 MDRs listed.

Correct, there's no longer set early or late seating, despite what you may have reserved when you booked your cruise. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thanks Jelayne, value your response as you are regularly providing info on these boards. Followed your advice and found the 4MDRs in the cruise planner, but couldn’t make any reservations because it says that we have been booked for 6pm, it just doesn’t say where, hence my “frustration”. 

4 minutes ago, Canada17 said:

Followed your advice and found the 4MDRs in the cruise planner, but couldn’t make any reservations because it says that we have been booked for 6pm, it just doesn’t say where, hence my “frustration”. 

We had a card in our stateroom suggesting a time and dining room for the first evening (we booked select on Apex, but you'll have select, too).

• Like 1

I was on a B2B on Beyond a few weeks ago. It’s beautiful! I loved it. As another poster indicated, you can just go to any of the four when you like. No reservations. I was in AQ and went to Blu most of the time but did manage to get to Cypress and Tuscan. We had a pleasant experience at both and were served by veteran waiters we knew from previous cruises. 

Be sure to try the Eden Cafe for lunch. It’s on 5 aft.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

We had a card in our stateroom suggesting a time and dining room for the first evening (we booked select on Apex, but you'll have select, too).

Thx Hrhdhd, so the first night you had a reservation with set time and venue. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you have to do for days 2 to 7? Did you have to make reservations or did Celebrity assign you times and which MDR?

20 hours ago, Canada17 said:

Thx Hrhdhd, so the first night you had a reservation with set time and venue. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you have to do for days 2 to 7? Did you have to make reservations or did Celebrity assign you times and which MDR?

It's  not a reservation time the first night. It's  just a suggestion. We had a time at one of the restaurants  but we went to another one at a different time and there was no problem.  If you want to make ahead reservations  before you board I would call Celebrity services desk and ask for their help. They should be able to do this for you if you're  not able to do it on the app

21 hours ago, Canada17 said:

As I have told you there are no longer any set dining times. You only have a reservation if you yourself make it. Otherwise you walk-up at the time you want to eat and see if there's a table available right away or you have a short wait. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Canada17 said:

We just chose a DR and went there when we were hungry. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had reservations but there was no separate line for those with reservations as they were seating people as they walked in.  We found it easy to get a table at about 6:40 as those diners heading to the 7pm show were clearing out.  Even managed tables by the window some evenings.

• Like 1